Operational Risk Officer - Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control - O&T
Posted on: January 10, 2021
This role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk
and Control (CBORC) organization reporting to the CBORC Tech Head
for Data and Analytics -- Regulatory data commitments. This role is
part of the team managing the business risk profile -- Risk
identification, management and mitigation. This role will support
the compliance to Citi-'s internal policies, processes and controls
and compliance to external regulation while proactively evaluating
the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.The
Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays
abreast of developments and emerging technologies within their
assigned field of responsibility. This role as a recognized
technical authority, requiring basic commercial awareness, with
communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide, influence and
convince others. Provides advice and counsel related to the
technology or operations of the business.
- Partners with Data and Analytics regulatory data team, Data
Governance Office (DGO), and Chief Data Office (CDO) teams to
support regulatory data commitment projects from risk and control
- Represent CBORC-Tech organization in Data Forums, support
regulatory programs such as Data Lineage, Data Tracing, Unified
Architecture, OCC Part 30 commitments, AML programs.
- Responsible for supporting End User Computing (EUCs) analysis
and reporting for technology.
- Responsible for Issue Management Reports (IMRs) analysis,
tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for major projects assessment such as Enterprise
Analytical Platform (EAP), Genesis and others.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess-' risks and drive actions to address the
root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues Management
(KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans).
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools
in an attempt to mitigate exposure
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users
and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer
requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external
business environment in identifying and managing risks for Consumer
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems
and technology processes and leverages this knowledge to provide
advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement /
forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an
effective and efficient manner.
- Identifies key risk indicators, works with the business on
development, and challenges business to ensure the correct measures
- Manages or supports key business initiatives/programs such as
Records Management and Key Automated Controls and coordinates
between business and technology.
- Leads and performs risk assessments to deep dive into
processes, risks and controls.
- Manages Audit/Regulatory engagements including coordination,
communications, and required actions with management committees,
internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal
stakeholders as appropriate. Manages audit activities and supports
the business during audits in ensuring the appropriate risks are
reported and actions rectify the risks.
- Proactively advances use of data analytics for analysis of
control issues and emerging risks.
- Possess forward compatible mindset and embraces changes taking
upon oneself to drive enhancements in processes within CBORC Tech
region and global.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the
team. Proactive in sharing among team and takes opportunity to
coach junior staff.
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and
control issues with stakeholders.Qualifications:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong recent data and analytics technology background with a
focus on risk management and/or experience in software
- Strong background and experience in identifying and managing
data management, governance and operational risks (e.g. data
warehouse, big data, reporting engines, encryption and trust
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology
application control disciplines and a solid business understanding
of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well
as technology processes relating to development and support of
these types of systems.
- Technical acumen in emerging technology encompassing API
Management, Cloud, SDLC, and Build, Test, Deploy automation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying risk assessment techniques
using data analytics.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises'
approach in communicating control issues and strength in sustaining
independent views. This individual must be an articulate and
effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an
energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Hold high integrity values and demonstrable challenge to
stakeholders despite pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal
development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and
identifying improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and
sensitivity to cultural diversity.Education:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA or
similar) are a
Family:Business Risk &
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi--) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
Keywords: Citi, Allen , Operational Risk Officer - Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control - O&T, Accounting, Auditing , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!