Company: Choctaw Global
Posted on: May 15, 2022
AccountantOrganization: Choctaw Integrated Solutions, Inc FLSA
Class: Non-exemptReports to: Assistant Controller Job Summary: This
position is responsible for verifying, approving, and posting
transactions for accounts receivable, Accounts payable, payroll and
general ledger, examining, verifying, researching, and correcting
various accounting documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of
data in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Specific tasks/duties are assigned under adequate supervision.
Reconciliation and posting will be assigned under detailed
guidance. In most instances, an employee in this position will rely
on the supervisors' instructions. Completed work will be reviewed
for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures. Primary
- Review and post Accounts Receivable transactions. Verify coding
- Review and post Accounts Payable transactions. Verify coding,
approvals and documentation is accurate and attached to the
- Prepare general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare reconciliations for various general ledger
- Prepare accruals for month end
- Help with payroll processing when required.
- Backup Accounts receivable, Accounts payable and Payroll when
- Provide administrative support when needed.
- Offer support for all aspects of the business and finance
- Other duties as assignedCompetencies:
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork/Integrity Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or Business related.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience working in
- Must be able to operate a 10-key calculator and be proficient
in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in
- The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with
sensitive financial information, whether it's information for the
company or for individuals.
- The willingness and ability to comply with local, state, and
federal financial regulations, as well as the regulations
established by the company itself.
- Must have knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting
Procedures).Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated ability to operate a 10-key calculator
- Must be proficient in Excel and all Microsoft Office
softwarePhysical RequirementsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and
marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition
necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for
prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.Work
EnvironmentWork Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Job is
performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens
and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse. The work
described herein is primarily a modern office setting.Preferred
- Experience with ADP, Deltek Costpoint ERP system
- Experience with Government contracting Other Requirements:
- Must be able to complete criminal record background check
- Must comply with all company policies The above-noted job
description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude
of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a
general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this
position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the
essential functions of the position.EEO/AAP StatementWe acknowledge
and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We
pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an environment that
respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. Choctaw is
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We
do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: Choctaw Global, Allen , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Durant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!