Posted on: June 25, 2022
Purpose of Job: The Plant Controller is responsible for
overseeing the financial, budgetary, and administrative practices
of Moffitt West. This position will be an integral part of the
plant management team, providing financial leadership in support of
the Plant Manager and the Moffitt Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and track plant related Key Performance
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiency
- Oversee procurement, job costing, payroll, and financial
reporting for the plant
- Establish annual, monthly and job specific budgets and
forecasts and track/compare to actual results
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of actual production costs
- Establish and provide updates to factory job cost estimates for
customer quotes and internal forecasts
- Establish and maintain cost absorption model to ensure factory
expenses are fully job costed.
- Establish and maintain internal control structure designed to
ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements and
safeguarding of company assets
- Establish inventory controls including cycle counts for
materials and finished goods, if applicable
- Design, prepare and analyze operating performance reports
Desired Skills/Job Requirements
- 5+ years accounting work experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field. Advanced
degree is a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus, ERP implementation experience a
- Self-Starter, ability to work independently, and in group/team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player willing to be included in strategic goal-oriented
- Ability to make complex decisions and excellent problem-solving
- Occasional travel required.
- Critical and strategic thinker.
Keywords: Moffitt, Allen , Plant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Denison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!