Traffic & ITS Engineer/EIT
Company: Maldonado-Burkett, LLP
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Maldonado-Burkett, LLP is seeking a self-motivated,
detail-oriented traffic engineering PE or EIT to join our rapidly
growing Dallas office, which is located in the Watters Creek area
of Allen at Bethany Drive and US Highway 75. We are seeking an
individual with 3-8 years of experience to help deliver traffic
engineering projects across the state of Texas and beyond.
Licensure as a Texas Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred, but
highly qualified EIT candidates will also be considered. Job Duties
The Traffic & ITS Engineer/EIT will perform engineering work in the
field of transportation engineering. The work performed may include
(but not be limited to) the following:
- Traffic level of service and safety analysis;
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) plans;
- Communication network plans/master plans;
- Concept of Operations documents;
- Roadway lighting plans;
- Traffic signal plans;
- Traffic signal timing plans;
- Traffic impact analyses;
- Traffic management plans / traffic control plans;
- Signing and pavement marking plans;
- Data collection;
- Report writing;
- Field work may be required.
- Limited overnight travel (less than three days per month on
average) may be required.
- Other technical assignments as required by M-B. Depending upon
the experience and capabilities of the candidate, duties may also
- Project management duties;
- Supervision of entry or mid-level staff, including providing
technical support during project development, review of technical
work, or supervision of office activities;
- Interaction with clients and public agency staff on the phone,
via email, or in person;
- Participation in marketing activities, including development of
marketing materials, assistance with maintaining client
relationships, and attendance at professional conferences and
marketing events with clients;
- Assistance with recruitment activities (such as attendance at
- Roundabout analysis and modeling;
- Corridor studies;
- Long-range transportation planning duties;
- Traffic projections; Minimum Capabilities and Credentials
- Completion of a four (4) year college level academic program in
Engineering with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Course work with emphasis in disciplines related to
transportation engineering within the four year program is
- Experience with Microstation CAD software is required.
- Experience with standard computer software such as Microsoft
Windows and Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with other traffic engineering software tools (such
as Synchro, VISSIM, HCS, TORUS, SIDRA, or TransCAD) is
- Licensure as a Texas Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability
to obtain a Texas PE license within six months is preferred, but
- For candidates without PE licensure or the ability to obtain it
within six months, registration as an EIT is required.
- Experience with and knowledge of photo metric analysis
procedures and software is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of basic computer networking
design (fiber optic, copper, and wireless) is preferred. The
successful candidate will also possess the following personal
- Ability to work in groups;
- Flexibility with respect to work load and type of work
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to multi-task and manage work loads within the
constraints of project delivery schedules;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Ability to work with multiple project managers;
- Self-motivated to identify and execute improvements to the
firm's business procedures;
- Drive to grow as a professional. The work will be performed in
office and construction environments. The successful candidate will
have the ability to perform the following activities:
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing and data
- May be subject to bending, reaching, standing and lifting such
as when conducting on-site inspections.
- May be subject to exposure to moving traffic, exhaust and
extreme weather conditions.
- Some extended hours/shifts may be required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Prior to beginning
employment, candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment
drug screen and background check. Because this position requires
travel to work sites, a valid driver's license is required.
Keywords: Maldonado-Burkett, LLP, Allen , Traffic & ITS Engineer/EIT, Engineering , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!