Company: Kaiser Aluminum
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Kaiser Aluminum is known around the world for its superior
quality. Our secret is what we put into it-innovative thinking,
industry-leading reliability, and a world-class commitment to
customer service. In short, the same qualities we look for in our
people. We are looking for a Controls Engineer to join Kaiser
Aluminum Sherman Operations in Sherman, TX!The Controls Engineer
provides electrical and technical support to the facility with an
emphasis on troubleshooting existing electrical theory, as well as
be proficient in programming and troubleshooting PLC and related
systems. The controls technician will also be an ongoing part of
the design and upgrading of new and existing equipment for
continuous improvement.What you will be working on:
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance personnel on
electrical hardware and software to maintain and keep the plant in
operation when breakdown occurs.
- Locate electrical/electric problem areas and design systems to
improve operations of plant machinery.
- Redesign existing electrical systems when the present
components are obsolete and no longer available.
- Coordinate the wiring of electrical equipment and components,
maintain documentation to include all back up disks, electrical
equipment manuals and updates the plant's specifications of usable
- Assist in the training of plant personnel through empowerment
of electrical personnel to ensure that they are capable of
maintaining systems with minimum supervision, downtime and loss of
- Develops new control concepts as required.
- Has responsibility for all control system designs.
- Act as first line of production support for electrical
- Work as part of Project Teams.
- Control System Hardware design and configuration.
- Program, commission, and debug PLC programs.
- Acquire knowledge of existing systems and remain current with
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, increase efficiency, and
- Assist Maintenance and Production employees with
troubleshooting and problem solving.What you will bring to the
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field.
- Minimum 3-4 years' relevant experience in maintenance or
- PLCs, PACs, VFDs, Motion Control, Human Machine Interfaces
(HMI), field devices, AutoCAD or SolidWorks, and Distributed
Control Systems (DCS).
- AB Motion Control experience preferred.
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting robotics and
- Experience in setting up and tuning PIDs.
- Experience in Data Acquisition; use of plant historians, SQL,
and Ignition software.
- Experience in development and troubleshooting system
- Working knowledge of programming languages.
- Must be MS Office literate, with Allen Bradley working
- Proficiency with EAM software (CMMS)
- Certified Allen Bradley (Studio 5000, Factory Talk SE and ME,
and AssetCentre) is a huge plus!About Kaiser Aluminum: Talented
people join our team because we are a company passionate about
environmental sustainability, employee growth, contributing back to
our communities and championing a diverse and inclusive culture. We
are strongly committed to expanding inclusion, equity, and
diversity - how we hire, develop, and inspire our diverse team
members that reflects and relates to the increasingly multicultural
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminum, Allen , Control Engineer, Engineering , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!