Company: City of Sherman, TX
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Under the general direction of the Director of Engineering, the
Civil Engineer plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the
City's municipal engineering programs involving civil engineering
projects, developments, construction, inspection, surveying,
infrastructure operation/maintenance, and all other related duties
as assigned. A Senior Civil Engineer shall plan, organize,
coordinate and direct the more complex projects.
- Plan, organize and coordinate a variety of activities related
to the design, construction, and management of City infrastructure
projects including water, wastewater, structures, drainage systems,
streets, traffic control, and other City facilities.
- Reviews development proposals and site plans, etc. for
compliance with City Ordinances, codes and regulations.
- Assist in the research and review of Planning and Zoning
- Design engineering projects involving water systems, wastewater
systems, structures, storm drain systems, streets, traffic control
systems, and other City improvements.
- Prepare estimates, schedules, specifications and bid documents;
develop specifications for contracting work to be performed;
coordinate the work of contractors and consultants; review work in
progress and upon completion to verify compliance with applicable
specifications, laws, and codes.
- Review designs of engineering consultants, developers and other
- Provide technical assistance to developers on plat and site
development plan reviews to assure compliance with City codes,
ordinances and general engineering practices; perform field review
of sites as necessary.
- Review and investigate engineering concerns related to public
improvement programs; analyze situations and recommend corrective
- Coordinate city engineering operations and activities with
outside agencies; communicate with other governing agencies as
- Assist with enforcing the City's Storm Water Management
- Assist in the implementation of the Comprehensive Master
- Prepare a variety of technical reports to support engineering
- Provide support and assistance to City staff and City
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Four (4) years of engineering experience including design and
administration of public works projects. A Senior Civil Engineer
shall have at least eight (8) years of engineering experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and
- Licensed Texas Professional Civil Engineer or ability to obtain
license with 6 months of beginning employment
Keywords: City of Sherman, TX, Allen , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!