Company: Kaiser Aluminum
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Kaiser Aluminum is known around the world for its superior
quality. Our secret is what we put into it-innovative thinking,
industry-leading reliability, and a world-class commitment to
customer service. In short, the same qualities we look for in our
people. We are looking for a Controls Engineer to join Kaiser
Aluminum Sherman Operations in Sherman, TX!
The Controls Engineer provides electrical and technical support to
the facility with an emphasis on troubleshooting existing
electrical theory, as well as be proficient in programming and
troubleshooting PLC and related systems. The controls technician
will also be an ongoing part of the design and upgrading of new and
existing equipment for continuous improvement.
What you will be working on:
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance personnel on
electrical hardware and software to maintain and keep the plant in
operation when breakdown occurs.
- Locate electrical/electric problem areas and design systems to
improve operations of plant machinery.
- Redesign existing electrical systems when the present
components are obsolete and no longer available.
- Coordinate the wiring of electrical equipment and components,
maintain documentation to include all back up disks, electrical
equipment manuals and updates the plant's specifications of usable
- Assist in the training of plant personnel through empowerment
of electrical personnel to ensure that they are capable of
maintaining systems with minimum supervision, downtime and loss of
- Develops new control concepts as required.
- Has responsibility for all control system designs.
- Act as first line of production support for electrical
- Work as part of Project Teams.
- Control System Hardware design and configuration.
- Program, commission, and debug PLC programs.
- Acquire knowledge of existing systems and remain current with
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, increase efficiency, and
- Assist Maintenance and Production employees with
troubleshooting and problem solving.
What you will bring to the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field.
- Minimum 3-4 years' relevant experience in maintenance or
- PLCs, PACs, VFDs, Motion Control, Human Machine Interfaces
(HMI), field devices, AutoCAD or SolidWorks, and Distributed
Control Systems (DCS).
- AB Motion Control experience preferred.
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting robotics and
- Experience in setting up and tuning PIDs.
- Experience in Data Acquisition; use of plant historians, SQL,
and Ignition software.
- Experience in development and troubleshooting system
- Working knowledge of programming languages.
- Must be MS Office literate, with Allen Bradley working
- Proficiency with EAM software (CMMS)
- Certified Allen Bradley (Studio 5000, Factory Talk SE and ME,
and AssetCentre) is a huge plus!
About Kaiser Aluminum: Talented people join our team because we are
a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee
growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a
diverse and inclusive culture. We are strongly committed to
expanding inclusion, equity, and diversity - how we hire, develop,
and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to
the increasingly multicultural community.
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminum, Allen , Control Engineer, Engineering , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!