Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer- Remote Eligible
Company: Capital One
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond,
VirginiaDistinguished Machine Learning Engineer- Remote
EligibleDistinguished Machine Learning Engineer(Director-level) At
Capital One, we believe that machine learning represents the
biggest opportunity in financial services today, and is a chance to
revolutionize the industry. Capital One's commitment to machine
learning has sponsorship from the CEO, the Board of Directors, and
the executive committee of the company. The Center for Machine
Learning is at the heart of this effort, and is leading the way
towards building responsible and impactful tools, platforms, and
solutions that leverage ML. As a Capital One Machine Learning
Engineer, you'll be providing technical leadership to engineering
teams dedicated to productionizing machine learning applications
and systems at scale. You'll participate in the detailed technical
design, development, and implementation of machine learning
applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
You'll serve as a technical domain expert in machine learning,
guiding machine learning architectural design decisions, developing
and reviewing model and application code, and ensuring high
availability and performance of our machine learning applications.
You'll have the opportunity to continuously learn and apply the
latest innovations and best practices in machine learning
engineering. You'll also mentor other engineers and further develop
your technical knowledge and skills to keep Capital One at the
cutting edge of technology. What you'll do in the role:
- Deliver ML models and software components that solve
challenging business problems in the financial services industry,
working in collaboration with the Product, Architecture,
Engineering, and Data Science teams.
- Drive the creation and evolution of ML models and software that
enable state-of-the-art intelligent systems.
- Lead large-scale ML initiatives with the customer in mind.
- Leverage cloud-based architectures and technologies to deliver
optimized ML models at scale.
- Optimize data pipelines to feed ML models.
- Use programming languages like Python, Scala, C/C++.
- Leverage compute technologies such as Dask and RAPIDS
- Evangelize best practices in all aspects of the engineering and
- Help recruit, nurture, and retain top engineering talent. Basic
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and building
data-intensive solutions using distributed computing.
- At least 6 years of experience programming in C, C++, Python,
- At least 3 years of experience with the full ML development
lifecycle using modern technology in a business critical
- At least 2 years of experience using Dask, RAPIDS, or in High
- At least 2 years of experience with the PyData ecosystem
(NumPy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn) Preferred Qualifications
- Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and scaling
production-ready data pipelines that feed ML models.
- 8+ years of experience within a large/data-intensive multi-line
- Experience partnering with technology peers responsible for
data architecture and distributed computing
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a
variety of audiences.
- ML industry impact through conference presentations, papers,
blog posts, or open source contributions.
- Ability to attract and develop high-performing software
engineers with an inspiring leadership style. At this time, Capital
One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization
for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national
origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic
information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected
veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable
national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a
drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment
qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal
background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article
23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California
Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act;
Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding
criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in
search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a
position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital
One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical
support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please
send an email to Capital One does not provide, endorse nor
guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services,
educational tools or other information available through this
site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different
entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for
Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is
for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines
is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Keywords: Capital One, Allen , Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer- Remote Eligible, Engineering , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!