Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: May 28, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as senior project engineer with autonomy for
project-related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have
project management responsibilities, including schedules and
- Develops mechanical engineering studies, plans, specifications,
calculations, evaluations, design documents and assessments for
commercial facilities, including new construction and
- Uses AutoCAD, Revit MEP and other MEP-specific design and
calculation software to create detailed designs for construction
- Assists with estimating, pricing, scoping, and marketing
strategies for proposed projects.
- Selects mechanical and plumbing materials appropriate for
facilities based on coordination with architects, plans,
specifications, and code requirements.
- Reviews and redlines production plans for revisions.
- Provides construction administration oversight, including
submittal review, RFI responses and periodic site
- Develops, fosters, and maintains industry relationships and
provides client care. Helps pursue repeat or follow-up work with
- Participates in and ensures QC/QA procedures are followed.
Maintains accurate design standards and procedures in assigned
- Provides technical oversight and guidance to mechanical design
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Humility and willingness to serve
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration skills MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in mechanical engineering from
four-year college or university.
- PE license.
- Minimum ten years applicable experience.
- English language skills: ability to read, analyze, and
interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from managers, clients, CEC employees, and the public.
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail,
record keeping, routine database activity, word processing,
spreadsheet, graphics, etc. AutoCAD and Revit MEP proficiency
- Organizational skills: ability to prioritize, organize and
delegate tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. PHYSICAL
- Primarily sedentary activity performing non-strenuous daily
activities of a production/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with
the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to sit up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to stand and walk over uneven surfaces of project site
- Ability to manipulate computer mouse up to eight hours per
- Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more;
ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust
focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor
office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise.
- Occasional exposure to dust, dirt, construction equipment (site
- Potential risk of electric shock (site visits). WORK SCHEDULE
- Fixed schedule of 40 hours per week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30
p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional extended work hours as
- Occasional overtime required.
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected
Keywords: CEC, Allen , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...