Hospice RN Case Manager FT - Allen, Texas!!
Company: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*************This Position Qualifies for a $2,500 Sign On
Accentra Is an Texas Owned Company!We pride ourselves on achieving
the best possible outcomes for our patients and providing quality
of care - whether that involves home health for managing chronic
conditions, injury or illness; or hospice to provide end-of-life
care and comfort. We strive to help our patients remain safe and
independent at home while achieving the best quality of life
possible. Thousands of families, physicians, and facilities across
Texas choose Accentra because of the quality care our team members
provide. We value our team members and celebrate their
accomplishments - we know that our team is the foundation on which
our company is built. We invite you to learn more about Accentra
and what has made us one of the most respected names in home
care.Our Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Company Car or Paid Mileage
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Longevity Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Referral Program Bonuses
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Hospice RN Case Manager Provides professional care to nursing
care to the agency's home care patients as prescribed by the
physician and in compliance with the State Nurse Practice Act and
the agency policies and procedures. May also provide professional
nursing services in an institutional setting within the policies
and procedures of that institution.Qualifications
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
State of Texas.
- At least 2 years hospice experience as an RN preferred.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing a huge
- Proficient in verbal, written, and electronic
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing tasks frequently.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, maintain
valid auto liability insurance, and be able to drive throughout
service area under a variety of weather conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Participate and lead case presentation in interdisciplinary
- Ability to provide care management oversight of up to 16
patients in various settings, ensuring all needs and goals are
- Ability to exercise good decision making and demonstrate strong
- Ability to demonstrate strong nursing skills and an ability to
- Implements the initial plan of care based off the comprehensive
assessment and makes updates to the comprehensive assessment
at-least every 15 days and more frequently based on the changing
needs and goals of the patient. Documents ongoing progress towards
- Perform and execute the RN duties associated with hospice plan
- As a case manager, be wholly responsible for patient hospice
care and support the need to work irregular hours as needed to
perform nursing and case management duties.
- Perform job in accordance and compliance with policies,
procedures, supervisory expectations and other directives as
defined by leadership.
- Perform admission visits, regular skilled nursing and
supervisory visits, hospice evaluations, imminent visits as well as
on-call and prn visits as assigned.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork characteristic and interpersonal
skills and able to work with the interdisciplinary team without
role blurring or conflict.
- Demonstrates strong understanding but not limited to the
concept of Death and Dying; Pain and Symptom Management; Grief and
- Perform supervisory visits to clients and re-evaluate client's
- The RN performs a home health aide supervisory visit at-least
every 14 days. The aide does not have to be present. In the event
of a complaint, RN will be present at the next home health aide
visit for observation and training.
- Performs monthly supervision of any LPN's assigned to the
- The supervision is done in the patient home, with or without
the LPN present, includes review of clinical records, ensuring plan
of care is being followed and co-signing all orders obtained by the
LPN in collaboration with the supervising RN.
- Provide and/or participate in and support all levels of hospice
care i.e. routine, respite, continuous, in-patient and imminent
- Provide accurate, timely, complete and acceptable
- Accurate -reflecting good nursing judgment, and as
- Timely - All electronic documentation to be completed by 10:00
the following day. Weekend notes completed by 10:00 the following
- Complete - all blanks, narrative that is legible and
understandable, confirmations as necessary. All initial documents
completed and signed.
- Acceptable - meeting acceptable Medicare standards as explained
and documented in the Accentra Hospice Policy and Procedure
- Paints accurate picture of patient clinical presentation and
documents need for ongoing hospice care and or clinical stability
per Medicare requirements and initiates discharge Meet expectations
as defined by supervisor or management.
- Attends the Interdisciplinary meetings every 15 days.
- Attends case conferences and care coordination meetings with
various healthcare partners including nursing homes, assisted
living centers and hospitals to ensure avoidance of duplication of
services and care coordinated to meet patient specific goals.
- Provide all documents for up-to-date personnel files in a
timely manner as requested by Agency in order to continue being
scheduled for visits.
- Respond to emergencies and to standby until able to contact
Supervisor / Manager.
- Be alert to changes in level of care and initiate necessary
procedures after contacting physician.
- Notify Patient Care Coordinator, case team, and other
designated individuals; immediately of changes in client's
- Perform lead functions and communication related to integration
and coordination of care e.g. facility staff, physicians, pharmacy,
case team, supervisors, etc.
- Counsels client and family in meeting related needs.
- Exercise excellent nursing skills and provide services
requiring substantial specialized nursing skill.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- May be required to rotate through as visit-on-call nurse and
make visits on weekends and holidays.
- Teach other personnel hospice procedures.
- Attend meetings involving Accentra Hospice when requested to do
- Assist in orientation of new personnel, if requested.
- Display ethical principles of acceptance and non-judgment
- Abide by laws, rules and regulations which govern hospice and
work environments e.g. non-discriminatory work
- Contact with a variety of housing conditions required.
- Must be able to maintain concentration during frequent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing tasks frequently.
- Light to moderate degrees of stress incurred in daily
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to the extent
required by the position.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the
- Able to travel.Physical Requirements
- Light to moderate physical activity required, including
possible lifting up to 50lbs and turning of adult clients.
- Good color vision essential to determine subtle changes in
patient's skin color and to rapidly recognize medication and
- Requires good hearing to assess situations quickly and respond
Keywords: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE, Allen , Hospice RN Case Manager FT - Allen, Texas!!, Executive , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!