Food Service Manager in Training
Company: Kwik Chek Food Stores, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER IN TRAININGWelcome to TXB!TXB stands for
Texas Born. That means we're big city, open country, and everything
in-between.It also means that we have Texas values, the same values
that we've built our brand around-authenticity, hospitality, and
integrity.At TXB, our purpose is to strive to make our guests, team
members, and communities better off for having known us. As we like
to say, we "leave 'em better," every day and every way.Join us in
taking our business to another level, and give back to the
communities that give so much to us. Job Summary:The food service
manager in training is responsible to learn how to facilitate the
completion of all store level tasks and performs a variety of tasks
related to different areas of the store including, but not limited
to food preparation, cash register tasks, customer service, general
housekeeping and other related functions. The food service manager
in training learns to directs staff to ensure that customers are
satisfied with their experience, and manages the business to ensure
that it is profitable. The food service manager in training ensures
an exceptional customer experience that supports our purpose to
"Leave 'em Better". Essential Functions:
- Be reliable, punctual, honest, and have a good attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Interviews, selectively hires, and trains staff for the retail
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of staff.
- Manage paperwork and payroll records.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and
in accordance with company policy.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer
- Manages/Oversee all day-to-day operations with a focus on
delivering a great guest experience
- Reliable transportation
- Abide by all applicable local, state, and federal laws and
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels of the
Company; clearly and concisely express opinions, conclusions, and
- Ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team
- Demonstrate and practice corporate values, behaviors, and acts
in an ethical and lawful manner at all times to include being a
person of integrity, dependability, and be inspirational
- Oversees staff and fulfills staffing needs for regular hours,
as well as special events or high-traffic times.
- Provide daily shift coverage as needed.
- Maintains and motivates a positive sales team through
communication, incentives, and evaluations.
- Confirms daily sales reports and cash receipts; ensures monies
are deposited regularly, and reports are submitted as prescribed by
- Addresses customer needs and resolves issues, ensuring positive
and long-term customer relationships.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates sales, marketing, and
- Develops, oversees, and maximizes retail budget and product
inventory, purchasing, and sales.
- Ensures inventory data is correct by performing spot inventory
counts and checks.
- Collaborates with area managers and owners to develop,
coordinate, and identify cost-effective advertising and hiring
- Uses company software to research, analyze, and track
- Ensures that the store always looks clean and inviting.
- Places and rotates merchandise to attract positive attention
- Ability to train other team members on company policies,
practices, and procedures
- Inspects the supplies, equipment, and work stations.
- Follows and ensures all employees comply with all safety and
sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food
- Order food and beverages, equipment, and supplies.
- Oversee food preparation, portion sizes, and the overall
presentation of food.
- Ensures fresh food is ready and available according to
operating expectations and standards
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
- Be an example of consistency and professionalism for all team
- Ability to clearly perform and coach others in the expectations
of all positions within the store.
- Address complaints regarding quality of service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human
Resources.Qualifications: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Education and Experience:
- At least two years of retail experience highly preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
- Successful completion of company's management training
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods standing and working on cash register or
- May need to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods of
- May be required work in excessive heat and cold in association
with the kitchen environment.
- Patience and expertise that is required to direct and conduct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of the register systems,
troubleshooting, and the back office software.Benefit
- Daily Pay Partner
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, and critical Illness
insurance plans are available
- Eligibility based on average weekly hours worked and
- Vacation, Holiday and Bereavement leave.
- Eligibility based on average weekly hours worked and
- 401K Retirement plan
- Eligibility after 90 days of employment
Keywords: Kwik Chek Food Stores, Inc., Allen , Food Service Manager in Training, Executive , Calera, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!