Nurse Manager of Children's Surgical Program at Medical City Dallas
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Children Surgical
Program Manager you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Dallas which is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that supports
the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Childrens Surgical Program Manager where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Coordinate management across the continuum of childrens
surgical care, which includes planning and implementation of
clinical protocols and practice-management guidelines, monitoring
care of in-hospital patients, and serving as a resource for
- Provide interfacility and regional professional staff
- Monitor clinical processes and outcomes and system issues
related to the quality of care provided
- Ensure compliance activities for all regulatory agencies for
the designation program.
- Develop Quality filters, audits and case reviews
- Identify trends and sentinel events and help outline remedial
actions while maintaining confidentiality
- Serve as a liaison to administration, and represent the
childrens surgical program on various hospital and community
committees to enhance and foster optimal care management.
- Supervise collection, coding and developing processes for
validation and analysis of data.
- Design and oversee the data collection to facilitate
performance improvement activities, trend reports, and research
while protecting confidentiality.
- Stabilize the complex network of many disciplines that work in
concert to provide high-quality childrens surgical care.
- Serve as an internal resource for staff in all departments, and
act as an extended liaison for other system entities.
- Be involved in research projects, analysis and distribution of
- Facilitate protocol design for accurate data collection,
feedback, and analysis and understand the requirements of research
- Participate in the development of childrens surgical care
systems at the community, state, or national levels.
- Participate in activities and act as a leader in promoting best
practices, department specific initiatives and process improvement
as they relate to nursing and ancillary personnel
- Assist the Medical Director of Childrens Surgery with Process
Improvement activities for department physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional
- BSN required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the care of children
undergoing surgical services is required
- Must complete a minimum of 16 hours of pediatric continuing
education per year or hours designated by the American College of
Surgeons for accreditation
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact
- Advanced Certification required within six months of hire or
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
No Travel Travel Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical
facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an
895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consist... Please
click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Allen , Nurse Manager of Children's Surgical Program at Medical City Dallas, Executive , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...