Company: Texas A&M University-Commerce
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Texas A&M University - Commerce
Disability Res & Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the "My Experience" page has a
section provided "Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter,
etc.)" to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the
maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the
Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information
(Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application.
Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the
responsibility of the applicant to have the transcripts translated
and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a
missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other
matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
The Case Manager, under the direction of the Student Disability
Services Director, conducts client interviews, assesses needs, and
provides case management crisis intervention, resource referrals,
and coordination of case management services. Ensures academic
accommodations as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
of 1973 and ADAAA. Works in the Student Disability Services
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts client and intake interviews to assist students in
becoming registered with Student Disability Services.
- Provides case management and crisis intervention.
- Refers and coordinates case management services
- Assists with community referrals for students with disabilities
that do not have documentation from a qualified professional.
- Supports Assistive Technology awareness, access, and
- Supports the testing functions of the SDS.
- Research, design, and implement training for faculty, staff,
students, and the public.
- Updates and maintains manuals, websites, community resource
provider lists, and other marketing materials. Develops and
maintains case management files, referral resources, and community
services database. Develops, implements and maintains a robust
Social Media presence.
- Collaborates with campus and outside partners to develop
various events related to students with disabilities.
- Develops and uses effective case management approaches to
enhance and support students with disabilities and will enhance
support for students who are struggling or have not requested
- Consult and coordinate with faculty, staff and vendors to
ensure delivery of reasonable accommodations and auxiliary services
such as interpreter services, CART services or any other
accommodation that requires action from SDS.
- Maintains comprehensive and current case notes and records
related to the students registered with SDS.
- Assist with all aspects of the daily activities of the
department (student requests, phone calls, departmental emails,
walk-ins to include determination of services needed at the time
such as scheduling of auxiliary services, assignment to a case
manager or director, campus referral(s) and/or referral for
- Assist students with referral to campus support services and
provide on-going tracking and/or communication with students in
need of academic monitoring, time management services, tutoring,
weekly check-in, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Clinical
Psychology, Special Education, Social Work, Rehabilitation
Counseling or related clinical area, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five (5) years of related
experience in case management or related field. Knowledge of word
processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of the Americans
with Disabilities Act (AADA), ADAAA, Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act and applicable Federal and state laws. Knowledge
of working with a variety of mental/physical health providers and
community agencies, crisis management/prevention programs, and
educational outreach programs.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with
others. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
skills. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain
confidentiality. Ability to form and maintain effective
relationships with students and monitor student progress. Ability
to adhere to ADA/504 laws and regulations.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree. Bilingual, Spanish.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
Keywords: Texas A&M University-Commerce, Allen , Case Manager, Executive , Commerce, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...