Government Affairs Representative
Company: UNIFY Financial Credit Union
Posted on: June 21, 2022
UNIFY Financial Credit Union is one of the nation's largest 100
credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound and
growth-oriented. We're expanding rapidly to meet the needs of a
growing member base. At UNIFY, our team members work together to
strive toward a common goal, "providing superior service to our
members." In doing so, we promote a culture where your ideas
matter, your growth matters, and you matter. We encourage all team
members to challenge and encourage themselves and their teammates
to work smarter and to be more successful
The Government Affairs Representative will work closely with the
Board of Directors and Executive team to identify public policy
opportunities and threats to the Credit Union. Working with local
and national officials and policy makers the Government Affairs
Representative will represent UNIFY's interest and advocate on the
credit union's behalf.
This position may be eligible for remote work.
- Stay abreast of potential legislation (regulations & rules)
that may affect our industry which includes tracking NCUA and
regulator initiatives and hot topics (working in conjunction with
- Communicate legislative issues to key stakeholders and obtain
staff and member participation in advocacy initiatives to influence
legislation and public policy.
- Act as an advocate for grassroots efforts to support or oppose
initiatives that are helpful/harmful to our industry.
- Develop and implement the CU's political engagement strategy
with state and federal elected officials, federal and state
regulatory agencies and policy makers.
- Attend government official and political fundraising events in
jurisdictions where UNIFY has locations/members or delegate to
appropriate UNIFY team members.
- Represent the CU in front of key government officials and
- Inform CU of ongoing and upcoming events and fundraisers. Make
recommendations on which events CU should participate in and
Coordinate participation in the selected events and
- Work collaboratively with state and national CU associations on
- Work with outside agencies such as
NAFCU/CUNA/CULA/CCUL/Cornerstone and state CU leagues to keep UNIFY
abreast of potential important initiatives and topics.
- Implement and coordinate governmental relations initiatives at
the state and federal level.
- Establish and facilitate long-term relationships with community
leaders. Business groups and government officials.
- Establish and track congressional maps (members, districts,
which government officials represent each district).
- Identify appropriate opportunities and make recommendations to
donate political funds and PACs as appropriate.
- Analyze, report and make recommendations as it relates to
current and emerging trends in the financial services/non-profit CU
- Be the in-house expert for political activities at the federal
and state level that will affect our members and our
- Sit on various CU government advocacy roundtable groups to
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of events and
associated travel such as
- Plan the annual GAC trip
- Determine attendees
- Make all reservations
- Assign responsibilities to each participant
- Develop talking points for each meeting
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Two years of relevant experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to connect and communicate effectively to audiences
with competing priorities
- Public Speaking experience a plus
- A high level of organization and planning is required, along
with the ability to communicate effectively, and high proficiency
in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Access.
See the UNIFY Difference!
At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued contributor.
Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a positive and
rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY provides a
work environment which promotes learning, growth, and the
opportunity for team members to challenge themselves.
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package*
Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision, Life,
and Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Dependent and Medical Care - Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
401(K) Plan with employer match
Education reimbursement for approved programs
UNIFY banking privileges for you and your family
*All programs subject to review and change
UNIFY is proud to be a drug-free, EOE including disability/vets.
For more information on UNIFY, visit us at www.unifyfcu.com
Keywords: UNIFY Financial Credit Union, Allen , Government Affairs Representative, Government & Protective Services , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!