Infection Prevention is a foundational role for the health and
safety of patients, caregivers, and the community. We are seeking
an experience RN with IP focus and passion.
Infection Preventionist Job Code: 1806 Position Summary: The
Infection Preventionist performs and coordinates infectious disease
surveillance activities as directed by the Infection Control
Committee and as indicated by the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status. Essential
Functions: The Infection Preventionist responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists with facilitation of the appropriate infection
prevention and control committee meetings.
* Communicates Infection Prevention regulations and regulatory
standards to all appropriate personnel.
* Assists with provision of consultation to and collaboration
with department-level or performance improvement team(s) on issues
relating to infection prevention and control.
* Assists in the analysis of surveillance data to identify
trends in rates, pathogens, and antimicrobial resistance
* Assists in the development of surveillance and analysis
methods that permit timely recognition and communication of
* Reports those diseases and/or conditions that are reportable
by law to state and local health departments and interacts with the
public health department to respond to inquiries as necessary
(e.g., reporting of communicable diseases, healthcare worker
* Maintains a knowledge base of current infection prevention
information through continuing education, published literature,
internet access and professional organizations.
* Performs ongoing infection prevention surveillance activities
as directed by the facility's appropriate infection prevention and
control committee. This includes data analysis and development of
strategies for improving healthcare outcomes.
* Performs data collection to include population at risk, device
specific infection rates and infection rates by risk index.
* Performs analysis of surveillance data to identify trends in
rates, pathogens, and antimicrobial resistance.
* Reviews implementation of appropriate precautions to reduce
hospital acquired infections (i.e. ordering of isolation and
compliance, review of process and outcome measures).
* Performs data collection to include populations at risk,
device specific infection rates, and infection rates by risk
* Evaluates patient care environments for infection prevention
and control practices and hazards through environmental and
targeted unit rounds.
* Collaborates with Environment of Care Team through conducting
of environmental rounds in all inpatient and outpatient care areas,
as well as construction rounds during active construction projects.
Documents findings and partners with manager/director on corrective
actions. Accountability: Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer with
an indirect reporting relationship to the System Director of
Infection Prevention and the Medical Director of Infection
Prevention. Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Accommodation): Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists
from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Occasionally;
activity exists up to 1/3 of the time Strength
(Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of
force occasionally) Talking (Must be able to effectively
communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity
(Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand
and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the
Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk
Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Environmental Conditions: Potential for exposure to human
specimens, urine, blood and body fluids/secretions, communicable
diseases, and needles. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of
membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state
or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure
Compact (eNLC) member state
* 2 years experience as an RN in an acute care setting
* Experience in infection prevention and control preferred
* Previous experience working in a position that influences the
behavior of healthcare workers and physicians.
* Previous experience related to customer service standards when
interacting with internal and external customers/members.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Previous experience using internal databases, word processing,
infection control surveillance software, spreadsheet and