ROI Medical Records Specialist WFH
Posted on: November 22, 2021
MRO Corporation, a market leader of disclosure management
solutions for healthcare organizations, has an opening for a person
to work in the healthcare sector supporting disclosure management
The RemoteROI Specialist is responsible for providing support to a
specified client site for the Release of Information (ROI) requests
for patient medical records.The ROI Specialist logs the request for
medical records into ROI Online and then determines records to be
released in accordance with the HIPAA guidelines. Previous release
of information experience in the Medical Records field is
preferred. The ROI Specialist must have strong computer skills,
knowledge of HIPAA regulations, and medical terminology as well as
customer service experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Candidate must be able to train and come into facility as
- Respond to phone calls from medical and support personnel
requesting medical records or patient identification to be read
from the record.
- Log medical record requests into MRO database.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor
information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining
pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic,
off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan
medical records into MRO database.
- When required, respond to walk-in customers requesting ROI
information and log information provided by customer into MRO
- If necessary, respond and process requests from physician
offices on a priority basis and fax information to the physician
- Comply with site facility policies and regulations.
- At specified sites, responsible for handling and recording cash
payments for requests.
- Escalate issues to manager that delay timely release of
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous Release of Information in the Medical Record field
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications. One or
more years experience entering data into computer systems.
Experience using the internet is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; demonstrated success
responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in an environment that requires
attention to detail.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Prior work experience in Release of Information is a
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is preferred.
MRO's employees work at client facilities throughout the United
States. We are proud of the culture we create for our employees and
offer an outstanding work environment. We strive to match the right
applicant to the right position. To learn more about us, visit
www.mrocorp.com. MRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: MRO, Allen , ROI Medical Records Specialist WFH, Healthcare , Denison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!