Hospice Branch Supervisor RN - Antlers, OK - Hospice Palliative Care RN
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Mays Hospice CareTITLE:-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --Branch
Supervisor--REPORTS TO:-- -- -- -- -- --Director of Clinical
Services--JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Branch Supervisor is
responsible for overall care coordination and case management
activities in their assigned branch office. --The Branch Supervisor
ensures that care/services, delivered by the staff, meet the
patient/client needs.--MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS--
- Is a registered nurse with current licensure to practice
profes--sional nursing in the state.
- Is a graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer 6 months to 1 year of management or supervisory
experience in health care setting, preferably hospice
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental
health. --Has presented a pre-employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all
- Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or
- Has excellent observation and communication skills.
- Is self directed with the ability to work with little
--JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES--
- Receives case referrals. --Reviews available patient/client
information related to case, including disciplines required, to
determine anticipated hospice needs. -- Assigns appropriate case
managers to case.
- Reviews and evaluates patient care by reviewing the services
provided by case managers, clinicians--, and clinical record
reviews, to promote more effective performance and delivery of
quality hospice services.
- Ensures patient's/client's medical diagnosis, medications,
procedures and plan of care are appropriate to patient
- Assists case manager and clinicians in establishing short and
immediate-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in
developing plan of care.
- Supervises and schedules ancillary personnel and delegates
responsibilities when required.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Services to conduct monthly
record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to
appropriate agency personnel.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new agency
personnel and makes recommen--dations for employment of
individuals. -- Assists in the orientation of new agency
- Assists the Director of Education in the planning,
implementation and evaluation of in-service and con--tinuing
education programs. ----
- Assist superiors, as directed, in formulating, revising,
implementing, and evaluating policies and procedures, as well as
strategic goals and objectives.
- Participates in public relation and community activities that
promote the Agency's role as an effective member of the health care
delivery system. --Also participates with the CEC in obtaining
referrals for admission. --
- Performance appraisal of direct subordinates is completed
according to agency policies and procedures, assisting subordinates
with professional growth and development.
- Ensures proper mainte--nance of clinical records according to
agency policies and procedures, and in compliance with local, state
and federal laws.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Agency's mission, vision,
philosophy and standards of care, through behaviors, which supports
- Is available for emergencies involving health care staff
members and clients.
--The above statements are intended to be a representative summary
of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. --The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.--WORKING
- General office
- Community home environment
- This position has been designated Class I (see policy 9-001).
--Employees performing Class I duties may be involved in potential
exposure to blood borne pathogens. --All Class I employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of automobile
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
----CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS--Agency personnel are
expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may
be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. -- In
addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal
responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job
related skills and abilities. --All agency personnel must attend
mandatory educational programs.--I have read, and fully understand
all information in the above job description. --I meet the stated
job qualifications, and am mentally and physically able to perform
the responsibilities and duties of the above job
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Allen , Hospice Branch Supervisor RN - Antlers, OK - Hospice Palliative Care RN, Healthcare , Antlers, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!