Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
To provide overall tactical leadership for the Environmental,
Health and Safety systems at the manufacturing site in support of a
safe and profitable operation that strives to continuously improve.
Provide leadership in establishing and sustaining a strong
EHS&S culture that supports continuous improvement through risk
reduction and injury prevention efforts, maintain compliance to K-C
standards and applicable Federal, State and Local regulations and
is responsible to coordinate all environmental and sustainability
efforts in the manufacturing site.
The incumbent reports to the Environmental, Health, Safety and
Sustainability Manager and has the responsibility to coordinate all
environmental, health and safety efforts in the manufacturing site.
The incumbent must work collaboratively with the Sector Safety
Leader and manufacturing site leaders to identify and lead
appropriate initiatives that deliver continuous improvement in
health and safety results.
Internal to Mill: All manufacturing site employees including the
site safety team members, and hourly and salaried leaders.
Internal to Sector: Senior Leaders for the KCNA Sector Businesses,
KCNA Supply Chain Management, specifically the regional Supply
Chain EHS&S Team and the and the Global Safety and
External: Regulatory Agencies
Environmental & Sustainability:
- Ensure that facility is following the requirements all
environmental permits (water, air, SWPPP)
- Ensure that operating conditions comply with local legislation
- Conduct routine and required site inspections related to
permits, regulations and Company standards.
- Lead the organization's effort of zero landfill initiative and
- Perform required environmental and sustainability training of
- Responsible for proper waste disposal and related record
- Maintain proper environmental records
- Maintain proper training for self related to the position
- Champion the Sustainability initiatives for the Company and
- Consistently influence and demonstrate that safety is a value
by following, and ensuring all employees follow, safety procedures,
maintaining a safe workplace, complying with safety rules, and
holding others to the same standard.
- Implementation of reliable systems that prevent loss and reduce
risk throughout the organization.
- Ensure site compliance with K-C, OSHA, EPA, NFPA (National Fire
Protection Association), and other federal, state, and local
applicable EHS regulations.
- Ensure that all mandatory K-C, federal, state, and local
Environmental, Health and Safety reports are completed on time.
- Demonstrate quality as a core value. Ensure product quality and
safety are considered as necessary while performing the duties of
- For highly regulated sites, understands and ensures compliance
with FDA cGMP regulatory requirements as they relate to CFR 820
(Code of Federal Requirements).
- Manage yourself in accordance with the One K-C Behaviors and
- Provide tactical leadership, coaching and work direction to
department hourly safety coordinators and department safety
- Serve as the environmental, health and safety technical
resource to all employees at your manufacturing facility; build
their capability, through coaching and teaching, as it relates to
health and safety
- Collaborate and support the Environmental engineers for your
site to ensure alignment in objectives and consistency of
- Continuously improve the EHS&S MBC (mindset, behaviors, and
capabilities) in the mill.
- Provide work direction to safety coordinators and provide input
into employee performance reviews.
- Support and provide tactical leadership for continuous
improvement in all health and safety activities through development
of robust systems and practices.
- Work with your site's leaders in setting and implementing
strategic plans for safety improvement.
- Provide leadership to organization in the achievement of
environmental, health and safety objectives.
- Identify E, H&S aspects and hazards and manage them to
acceptable levels of risk or impact.
- Report, investigate and promptly address substandard acts and
- Drive the setting of Environmental, Health and Safety
objectives and evaluation of the effectiveness of the facility EHS
Maturity Model and EHS Management System in order to achieve the
expected level of performance.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of
site-wide E,H&S programs, policies and standards. Lead
site-wide initiatives as needed. Serve as process owner for one or
more key site-wide H&S systems.
Other Delivery Responsibilities:
- Interact with all departments and other manufacturing sites to
ensure best practices and key learnings are identified and
- Use Lean tools such as standard work, problem solving, or A3
thinking to assist in achieving Zero injuries of Any Kind Vision
- Ensure E,H&S training in at your manufacturing facility is
completed as required by KC and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate testing and monitoring for employee exposure
- Assist with the handling of governmental agency and corporate
- Provide support to the leadership team to reduce the business
cost of occupational injuries and illnesses through continuous
improvement of environmental, health and safety initiatives.
- Influence safety spending at the site to deliver improvements
in safety for our people and deliver objectives
Bachelors degree required
At least 3 years of experience in an EHS role, 7-10 years of
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with
well-known brands that matter every day - at home, school, work and
on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged
conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs
of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like
Kleenex -, and redefined categories with Huggies - and U by Kotex
-. While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build
careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and
endless opportunities to work with some of the world's most
recognized brands. Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for
the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes
around the globe.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this
classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required
for this position.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive
organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of
its team members to brands that make life better for people all
around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that
reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your
original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success
of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by
With an inclusive culture, our employees - and the original
thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark - make us stronger. EOE
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the
country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does
not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its
sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work
authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all
roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for
the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization.
The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable
mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in
K-C's sole discretion.
Keywords: Kimberly-Clark, Allen , Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!