PRN Speech Language Pathologist for Sulphur Springs TX - Sunny Springs Nursing & Rehab
Company: Continuum Rehab Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Continnum Rehab Group is seeking a PRN Speech Language
Pathologist to join our rehab team Sulphur Springs, TX at our
5-star SNF!!Sunny Springs Nursing and Rehabilitation is a 95-bed
skilled nursing/long term care facility with a broad range of
services for patient needs that include: orthopedic care, cardiac,
stroke, oncology care, wound care and various post-surgical
recovery services.CRG = O.N.E. - One Team. One Mission. One
Vision.Are you the one? Apply today and join our phenomonal team of
therapists!Position DescriptionResponsible for assisting patients
who have illness, injury or disability that affects their ability
to communicate effectively in their environment. Addresses issues
related to swallowing disorders. Treatment is focused on increasing
intelligibility of speech, using alternative or augmentative
devices to facilitate better communication of wants and needs,
addressing cognitive functions and improving swallowing safety
through oral exercises and diet texture modification.Principal
- Direct all aspects of quality patient care, including
evaluation and treatment, treatment planning, goal setting, family
education and documentation according to the company guidelines,
professional standards and community needs.
- Provides professional treatment while using therapeutic
techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with speech,
language, hearing, oral motor, swallowing and cognitive
- Plans activities and provides therapeutic services for speech
and language disorders.
- Serves as a patient and rehabilitation advocate for current
prospective patients; participates in qualify assurance and
customer service activities.
- Perform patient evaluations and develop treatment plan,
including short-term and long-term goals, consistent with physician
orders and appropriate for the patient's overall medical
- Carry out patient care plans or portions thereof, determining
appropriate progression of patients within real of the established
- Demonstrates working knowledge and application of Medicare,
Medicaid and other reimbursement systems.
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for
services from referring physician.
- Participate in patient care planning and utilization review
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
patient care appropriate in a SNF setting.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills with administering
standardized speech/language assessments, conduct swallowing
evaluations, developing treatment plans and monitoring patient's
- Perform test and complex treatments individually or with
assistance as needed.
- collaborate with occupational therapist physical therapist,
physicians and other members of the healthcare team relative to
individual patient treatment programs and progress.
- Document patient evaluations, treatment progress notes, and
discharge summaries for the patient's medical records in a timely
manner as defined by the department policy manual.
- Providing a full range of speech therapy modalities consistent
with previous education and expedience.
- Assist with the clinical affiliations of speech therapy
- Perform a clinical assessment to identify patient needs and
appropriateness of patient. Analyze patient needs and administer
appropriate care as ordered by a physician.
- Document, prepare and complete a Plan of Care, progress notes,
phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing
- Ensures the delivery of quality rehab services.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients,
caregivers, customers, physicians, and co-workers.
- Maintain Compliance with Compliance Program and plan, adhere to
the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Work with the facility and organizations on case management
needs and requirements.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.For more information
about this opportunity, please contact:
Ayrika Johnson - Director of Talent Acquisition
Continuum Rehab Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo view all opportunities
available with Continuum Rehab Group, please visit us at
Keywords: Continuum Rehab Group, Allen , PRN Speech Language Pathologist for Sulphur Springs TX - Sunny Springs Nursing & Rehab, Healthcare , Commerce, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!