Psychiatric Registered Nurse - Antlers, OK - Psychiatric
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Psychiatric Registered Nurse - Antlers, OK
TITLE: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --Psychiatric--Registered
REPORTS TO: -- -- -- ----Director of Professional and Clinical
- Is currently licensed as an RN through the State Board of
- --Prefer one year's clinical experience, with current home
health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience.
- --Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for
communicating with individual ages of those served. Complies with
accepted professional standards and principles.
- --Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental
health. --Has completed the agency pre-employment health
- --Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured
in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good
- --Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role
- --Has excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good
oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little
supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience as a registered
- --A registered nurse must meet one of the following to meet CMS
requirements for psychiatric nursing in the home care setting:
Master's degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing.
Bachelor's degree in nursing with one year recent nursing
experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental
health hospital or outpatient clinic.
Diploma or associate's degree with two years recent nursing
experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental
health hospital or outpatient clinic. -- --
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES--As a psychiatric registered nurse
and behavioral health nurse in home health, you have a unique
opportunity to provide one on one, psychiatric/behavioral health
and skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home.
--Your primary work will include collaboration with mental health
professionals to create a home care plan supporting an individual
and their caregivers coping with dementia, Alzheimer's,
schizophrenia, anxiety, grief, depression and other psychiatric
conditions and within the home setting.--RESPONSIBILITIES AND
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient/client
care documentation consistent with the plan of care. --Submits
accurate documentation within one working day of visit/phone
- Assesses and provides patient/client and family/caregiver
education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of
- Participates in coordination of home health services,
appropriately reporting the patient's/client's condition, status,
and need for additional disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST,
Dietitian) to the RN Case Manager and/or Branch Supervisor on an
ongoing basis or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and
- Provides those services requiring nursing skill, in accordance
with the plan of care signed by the physician. --Demonstrates
competency in all skills required for the agency, which may include
but not limited to, venipunctures, infusion therapy, infusion
therapy device care, wound care, aseptic technique.
- Assesses client's continual care needs. --Documentation
addresses problems identified in the on going assessment or
provides documentation of rationale for not doing so.
- Supervises home health aide at least every 14 days, teaches
Aide in duties of client care as needed, assesses client's need for
unskilled care and advises case manager of need for revision of
plan of care as appropriate. --In ACHC Accredited offices,
supervises LVN/LPN every 55-60 days with or without LVN/LPN being
present in the home. Supervises plan of care delivered by LVN/LPN
during recertification/discharge visit and teaches LPN/LVN as
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the
Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care
- Participates in on call rotation as assigned by
- Participates in Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can
verbalize own responsibilities and activities.
- Performs duties within the limits of preparation and
- Participates in public relations and community activities that
promote the Agencies role as an effective member of the health care
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function
effectively in the health care setting where assigned. Responsible
for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. --Participates
in In-service programs.
- Administers medications and/or treatments as prescribed by the
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and
rehabilitative procedures and techniques and maintains
communication regarding patient/client care with the physi--cian,
other disciplines involved in the care, and supervisory
- Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform specialized
procedures, only when qualified.
- Observes the patient/client for changes in condition, discusses
changes with the patient/client or family/caregiver and reports
changes, as necessary, to the attending physician and/or RN Case
Manager. --Documentation reflects communication and condition of
- Teaches, supervises, and counsels the patient/client and
family/caregiver home nursing procedures, self-care techniques and
other care needs as appropriate to the patient's/client's
condition. --Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients/clients and
- Assists the patient/client in maintaining an optimal, safe
- Evaluates and assesses the medical, cognitive, emotional,
psychosocial, safety, developmental status and behavioral
health/psychiatric nursing needs of the patient to determine the
appropriateness of care and criteria for acceptance to behavioral
health/psychiatric home health care.
- Evaluates the patient's management and compliance with the
medical and psychiatric plain of care and communicates closely with
the physician, interdisciplinary team, agencies and institutions
for continuity of care regarding patient's progress.
- Acts as a case manager in coordinating care for the behavioral
health/psychiatric patient. -- Regularly reviews treatment planning
under the direction of a physician or psychiatrist which includes
nursing actions and interventions, goals and discharge
- Administers IM medications, performs lab draws and specimen
collections, and educates patient and caregiver in appropriate
medical techniques. --Performs other nursing treatment to include
medical care in accordance to the plan of care.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above:The above
statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job.
The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other
than those stated in this description.--WORKING
- Community and home environment
- General office
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of automobile.
- This position has been designated Class I Field staff position
(see Infection/Exposure Control Plan). --Employees performing Class
I Field staff position duties may be involved in potential exposure
to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious
materials. --All Class I Field staff position employees will be
offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
--CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS--Must meet the required
continuing education hours for state certification as a nurse in
Texas as applicable. Agency personnel are expected to participate
in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or
required by their immediate supervisor. -- In addition, agency
personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other
educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities.
--All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational
----I have read, and fully understand all information in the above
job description. --I meet the stated job qualifications, and am
mentally and physically able to perform the responsibilities and
duties of the above job description.--
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Allen , Psychiatric Registered Nurse - Antlers, OK - Psychiatric, Healthcare , Antlers, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!