RN Pre & Post Op - Allen, TX - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Posted on: July 31, 2022
RN Pre & Post Op - Allen, TXRegistered Nurse - Pre & Post Op -
PRN Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly
hours and top-notch benefits?--We're looking for
qualified--Registered Nurse PRN--like you to join our Texas Health
family. Position Highlights
- Work location: Texas Health Allen, 1105 Central Expwy North TX
- Work environment: Surgery PreOp and PostOp
- Work hours: PRN: As Needed; Days Texas Health Presbyterian
Hospital Allen (THA)--has served the local community and
surrounding areas of Collin County since 2000. We're an 88-bed,
acute-care, full-service hospital providing exceptional care to
Allen, Lucas, Fairview, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, Melissa, Wylie,
and the surrounding cities. If you're looking for robotic and
minimally invasive surgery, orthopedic and spine services, or
comprehensive women and infants care, we've got it. Plus, we're an
Accredited Chest Pain Center and STEMI receiving facility. With
more than 500 physicians practicing in 25+ specialties you'll find
what you need here. And did we mention our awards? Texas Health
Allen is a Joint Commission-accredited Gold Seal Certified Chest
Pain facility, a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, and a
Pathways to Excellence-designated hospital. As part of the Texas
Health family, we employ over 26,000 employees and are among the
top five largest employers in the DFW area. Join us and be a part
of our exceptional team as we provide outstanding care and deliver
award-winning results. You belong here. Qualifications
- Associate's Degree Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred
- 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse in an acute care setting
- 2 Years' Experience as a clinical nurse in an acute care
- RN - Registered Nurse License required upon hire and
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing
independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support 90 Days required And
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support not required if working
only in pre-admit 90 Days required
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal
skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Position Responsibilities--THA Registered Charge Nurse will respond
to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological,
and social needs. In addition to the required qualifications, a
successful Registered Charge Nurse will:
- Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance.
- --Engages family/caregivers in health care situations.
- Concerned with understanding others frame of reference.
- Professional behaviors that help patients and families
understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their
health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with
resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
- Listens and concentrates on others. (Is reliable, available,
- The professional nurse communicates an attitude that is
supportive, open, positive, and tolerant.
- The professional nurse creates settings that provide privacy,
safety, confidentiality, and tranquility.
- The Charge Nurse role will communicate and collaborate with all
members of the health care team. Valuing diversity, equity, and
inclusion is a key strategy of teamwork at Texas Health.
- The Charge Nurse role will support and actively participate in
shared governance/councils which is Texas Health's structure for
- The Charge Nurse role will be committed to developing their
individual knowledge and skills, as well as advancing the
profession of nursing and engaging in lifelong
- This role directly assists leadership on a particular unit or
units and shift, by offering staff guidance and support,
maintaining a clean and safe work environment, and ensuring unit
operational tasks are completed.
- Knowledge of quality management methods, tools, and techniques
and ability to create and support an environment that meets the
quality goals of the organization.
- Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal
effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual,
group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding
appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools
and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach
productive decisions based on informed judgment. Why Texas Health
as a Texas Health Allen Registered Charge Nurse, you'll enjoy
401(k) with match, and wellness programs to keep you and your
family healthy. At Texas Health, our people make this a great place
to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make THA a great place to work. Here are
a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For--" (7th
year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes--
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work--
- Voted by Fort Worth Child Magazine as the "Best Place to Have a
Baby in Fort Worth-- Additional perks of being a Registered Charge
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork
- Positively impact patients' quality of life
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated clinical leadership resources--
- Enjoy opportunities for growth Explore our----for info
like--,--, recent----we've won and more. Do you still have
questions or concerns?--Feel free to email your questions to--.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Allen , RN Pre & Post Op - Allen, TX - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care, Healthcare , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!