Pediatric Triage Team Nurse / RN - Pediatrics
Company: Nursing Solutions
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Pediatric Triage Team Nurse / RNSummary of Position:
Manages clinical situations to determine the medical complexity and
care requirements a child may need in an acute care situation.
Coordinates with the child's physician and care team to determine
the appropriate setting for the delivery of services. Manages
physician orders and oversees the delivery of care for those acute
care services. Facilitates telehealth visits between the client and
the physician if appropriate. Ensures that the client receives the
highest level of care in the most cost-effective and appropriate
setting. Responsible for the overall satisfaction of the client in
regard to the acute care services they receive. Provides education
to families and nurses to reduce the recurrence of avoidable
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge:
* Establish "call us first" relationship with clients/families.
* Respond promptly to each incoming call, in a pleasant and helpful
manner and using a multi-line phone
* If call warrants a triage, the caller's stated symptoms will be
assessed to determine the appropriate level of care required to
safely meet the patient's medical needs. (Emergent, urgent,
non-urgent or home care status)
* When appropriate, provide home care instructions using the
approved, written guidelines as well as approved reference material
* Utilize all resources and guidelines at his/her disposal to
effectively assess, prioritize, advise, schedule classes or
physician appointments, or refer calls when necessary to the
appropriate medical facility, personnel or specialized community
* Refer patients to appropriate medical facilities or providers for
care, utilizing approved guidelines as indicated by individual
* Thoroughly complete documentation utilizing the appropriate
computer software in compliance with the approved policies and
* Fax all completed change orders to appropriate physician
immediately by internal fax
* Actively participate in new employee orientation, ongoing
in-service programs, staff meetings, continuous quality
improvement, and periodic performance/protocol evaluations and
* Maintain current nursing licensure by completing applications for
renewal in a timely manner and by complying with all requirements
for continuing education. No nurse will be scheduled to work any
shift if their nursing license has expired or has been revoked for
any reason. It is the nurse's responsibility to notify the Call
Center Director of Operations immediately if their license status
changes. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in
termination of employment.
* Maintain current nursing skills and knowledge base by attendance
at workshops and seminars, completion of mandatory continuing
education, reading of professional journals, publications, and
participation in professional organizations.
* Demonstrate willingness to adapt to
* Ability to prioritize workload while remaining
* An ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, physicians, coworkers, staff and
medical service providers.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing; thoughts are logical and clearly expressed.
* Excellent organizational abilities and documentation skills.
* Must be capable of making independent nursing decisions.
* Must be able to work well under stress and relate to the general
public, nurses and physicians in a tactful manner.
* Must have adequate typing skills and basic computer
* Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited School of
* Minimum Experience: 2 years progressive clinical experience in an
ambulatory care setting; 2 years' experience in a telephone triage
call center servicing pediatric client. May substitute call center
experience for CCM certification with pediatric specific experience
in an office setting.
* License: Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas
or other nursing compact state
* Certifications: Healthcare Provider BLS; PALS Certification
* Minimum Skills: Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS
Supervisory Requirements: Yes. Triage Team Care Coordinator(s)
Performance Responsibilities: The following listing applies to
All employees of the organization:
* Exercise necessary cost control measures.
* Maintain positive internal and external customer service
* Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
* Demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary
information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions
when clarification is needed.
* Be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure
* Meet all productivity requirements.
* Demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a
* Represent the organization professionally at all times.
* Demonstrate initiative
* Continually improve processes and relationships.
* The Telephone Triage Nurse will be (assigned a workstation,
computer terminal, and telephonic equipment in a regular office
environment. OR provided with a computer terminal and telephonic
equipment for home office, work from home). You must have good
manual and finger dexterity, excellent verbal and written
communication, hearing and visual acuity and color distinction. The
nurse must sit in front of a computer screen for prolonged periods
* This inventory of essential functions in this job description
neither states nor implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee. Performance of other nonessential
duties may be requested by the supervisor.
Work Environment: Office/Home
Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Keywords: Nursing Solutions, Allen , Pediatric Triage Team Nurse / RN - Pediatrics, Healthcare , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!