Speech Therapist - Valid TDLR License Required
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description: Click the appropriate calendar below to see your
campuses schedule for the School Year:
- Base Calendar
- Intersession Calendar
- School Day Redesign 1
- School Day Redesign 2
- Provide speech therapy services to students on assigned
- Conduct speech and language assessment and consultation in
- Conduct, attend, provide needed documentation, and participate
in ARD/IEP committee meetings for students needing speech therapy
- Attend MTSS/SST meetings for students referred for speech and
- Refer students for additional evaluations and consultations as
- Coordinate the placement and speech therapy services for
Neighborhood School Speech (NSS) students.
- Provide consultation and education to parents, caregivers,
staff and other professionals regarding speech and language
disorders and/or speech therapy services.
- Interpret and explain test results to ARD/IEP committees.
- Develop therapy plans for students based on their IEPs and
- Maintain all required documentation (e.g., progress notes for
documentation of therapy provision/Medicaid billing, progress
reports to parents, completion of evaluation reports, completion of
ARD/IEP paperwork, maintenance of student special education
records, communication with other professionals/parents/community
resources as appropriate, etc.)
- Regularly report progress to parents per ARD committee
- Comply with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
(IDEA), the Texas Education Agency (TEA), and TDLR rules concerning
the provision of special education related services for speech and
- Attend network team meetings.
- Participate in the district's Medicaid initiatives.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the practice of
speech-language pathology and continue to develop professional
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A
remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an
option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because
regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all
duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all
campus-based personnel. Qualification:
- Master's degree or higher in Speech and Language Pathology or
Communication Disorders and valid TX license for Speech and
Language Pathology granted by the Texas Department of Licensing and
regulation (TDLR) OR Bachelor's degree with a Texas Educator
Certificate in Speech and Hearing Therapy (PK-12) and/or valid TX
license for Speech and Language Pathology granted by TDLR.
- 0 to 1 year of experience providing speech therapy services to
typical caseloads in school setting or 2 years of experience as a
school based SLP managing all duties of a full caseload to be
considered for supervision of licensed SLP-Assistant(s) and/or
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and guidelines related to
speech and language therapy services.
- Knowledge of assessments, assessment procedures,
completing/writing reports following an evaluation, ARD/IEP
meetings (both documentation and conducting meetings), IEPs,
therapy provision (e.g., activities, materials, timing, curriculum
alignment, etc.), and documentation of services provided.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Basic computer/technology skills (e.g., email, electronic
calendars, keyboarding, ability to learn software applications,
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with a wide
variety of district personnel.
- Must have own/reliable transportation.
Keywords: Dallas Independent School District, Allen , Speech Therapist - Valid TDLR License Required, Healthcare , Leonard, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!