RN (registered Nurse)-Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Posted on: November 19, 2023
RN (registered Nurse)-Progressive Care Unit (PCU)Are you looking
for an amazing opportunity to make an impact in your local
community? Our PCU is looking to add to their family. We offer
top-notch benefits, which includes Tuition Reimbursement, Loan
forgiveness, 401K and much more.
Sign-On for Eligible New Hires
WORK LOCATION: Texas Health Allen is located at 1105 Central Expwy
North TX 75013
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, Nights (7:00 PM - 7:00 7AM); 36 hrs. per
week with rotating weekends and holidays required
PCU DEPARTMENT HIGHLIGHTS:
Texas Health Allen is a leading provider in quality patient care
for its surrounding community. Our 9 bed PCU Department provides
critical/progressive level of care for a mixed patient population
on a 3:1 Nurse to patient ratio (non-pandemic). With experienced,
compassionate and skilled staff we strive to create a patient
centered environment while fostering positive teamwork.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Associate degree in Nursing required.
* BSN preferred.
* 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse (RN) in an acute care
* 2 years' experience as a clinical nurse in an acute care setting
* Current RN licensure upon hire required
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas
Board of Nursing upon hire
* BCLS-Basic Cardiac Life Support-Prior to providing independent
patient care and maintained quarterly required
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
* Assesses the patient
* Plans the care of the patient
* Intervenes as appropriate
* Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
* Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into
* Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need
* Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital,
and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
MORE ABOUT TEXAS HEALTH ALLEN:
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care
hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000.
Hospital services include women's care, a Level II neonatal
intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep
medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence-- designated
hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than
500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25
specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health
Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first
hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a
Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the
Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely
qualified to serve our community and your professional
ADDITIONAL PERKS OF BEING A TEXAS HEALTH NURSE
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave,
flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Program as well as several other benefits.
* Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing
education, nursing research and innovations in nursing
* Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
* Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, Allen , RN (registered Nurse)-Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!