Company: Choctaw Global
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Summary:The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily
functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring
and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and
enforcing company policies and practices.Supervisory
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of
subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS and talent management systems.Education and
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all
individuals. We pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an
environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and
experiences. Choctaw is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.
Keywords: Choctaw Global, Allen , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Durant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!