Company: Choctaw Global
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary: The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily
functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring
and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and
enforcing company policies and practices. Supervisory
- May assist with constructive and timely performance
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS and talent management systems. Education and
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience
- SHRM-CP a plus. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
organizations facilities. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental
value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to
crafting and maintaining an environment that respects diverse
traditions, heritages, and experiences. Choctaw is an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. The above noted job description is not intended to
describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned
but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the
responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature
of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of
Keywords: Choctaw Global, Allen , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Durant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!