Corporate Counsel II - Commercial Transactions
Company: Jack Henry & Associates Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Description & Requirements
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Corporate Counsel member to
join our team. The Corporate Counsel, Commercial Transactions
associate will be the key legal advisor to the company in
commercial transactions between the company and its vendors and
partners. This will include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a
variety of complex commercial and technology transactions that
support company business units, primarily through the company's
The successful candidate will preferably have a strong technical
computer background and experience in a corporate environment that
allows them to understand and address the broad range of issues
that affect the complex working environment of a large technology
company. This position will have the opportunity to develop and
implement legal and compliance strategy, best practices, templates,
tools, playbooks, and associated policies, processes, and training
into this business function. If you are interested in applying for
this position, please apply by May 12, 2021.
This position must sit in these Jack Henry Office Locations -
Springfield, MO, Lenexa, KS, or Allen, TX.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate degree.
- Must be currently admitted to the state bar of Kansas,
Missouri, or Texas (as applicable to the JHA office location you
will work from) and in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate
and/or business law.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for team strategy
- Prior experience drafting and negotiating technology
- Prior experience as in-house corporate counsel.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Provide legal support for the company's (both technology and
non-technology) vendor and partner relationships through reviewing,
drafting, and negotiating agreements for those relationships.
- Coordinate with corporate security teams to ensure enterprise
data security requirements are addressed in vendor and partner
relationship agreements, with an emphasis on third-party technology
- Prepares, reviews, and negotiates various legal instruments and
documents, such as contracts, leases, licenses, purchases, sales,
real estate, distribution, employment, insurance, and other
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the
- Advises company with regard to its intellectual property.
- Provides legal advice with respect to administration and
prepares resolutions and forms.
- Acts as agent of the Company in various transactions.
- Advises the company concerning transactions of business
involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and
corporate relations with the general public.
- May examine legal data to determine advisability of defending
or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations, and advises
officials on matters such as legal rights, government regulations,
- May review and advise company on statutes, decisions,
ordinances, proposed and existing legislation.
- May represent the company in legal proceedings.
- May review and approve advertising copy and public statements
from a legal standpoint.
- May manage litigation and other matters handled by outside
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value,
respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation
flourishes by including all voices and makes our business-and our
society-stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and
we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our
employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance
management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education,
training, social, and recreational activities to all persons
regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic
information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military
and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by
local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of
discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith
reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind,
pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related
Keywords: Jack Henry & Associates Inc., Allen , Corporate Counsel II - Commercial Transactions, Other , Allen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!