Company: Spectrum Brands
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum
Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential
locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial
locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including
Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL,
Pfister, EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with
#1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada
residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and
U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico
residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister),
and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange
County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates
manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Asia.
The Engineering Manager has leadership responsibility for the
technical aspects of our operation.
Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of
manufacturing processes and equipment with the intent of minimizing
costs and maximizing product quality and productivity; coordinates
with other departments to resolve design, supplier, and production
issues; leads efforts to drive continuous improvement and
productivity projects to reduce plant operating costs, and manages
internal engineering resources. This role is the liaison to
corporate engineering, responsible for all new product introduction
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (40%) Lead a team to provide technical leadership in obtaining
world class performance in cost, quality, delivery, safety, and
employee relations. Manage program and projects to drive yield
productivity, material productivity, quality and continuous
improvements within the plant structure. Integrate Lean Six Sigma
methodology with daily execution of projects.
- (30%) Implement strategic plans for short term (3 year) and
long term (5 year) implementation. Prepare and execute plans to
support the Denison & HHI strategic plan that may include, but is
not limited to, equipment, employee relations, plant layout,
productivity improvement and other long term goals.
- (15%) Manage capital appropriations and budget for the Denison
facility in order to support improved technologies that will
deliver favorable results in productivity, quality, delivery,
safety and ergonomic goals. Interact with local and corporate
engineering, finance and marketing functions.
- (10%) Drive new product introductions on-time and within budget
to achieve new product growth targets.
- (5%) Manage, develop, and refine the Engineering order (EO)
process to implement changes, improvements, and pilot runs through
effective two-way communication cross functionally.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering related field
- At least 7 years related experience required
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
- Six Sigma Black Belt desired (min. Green Belt certification
- Lean Mfg. experience required
- Problem solving ability. Able to quickly understand scope and
constraints of a problem and to develop solutions that meet timing,
cost, business requirements, and customer needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, processes, and technical
requirements through effective written, graphic, and oral
- Demonstrated skills and methods of working with a wide variety
of functional organizations to engineer products that appropriately
balance the desires of consumers with technology capabilities and
- Strong team leadership skills for groups of creative engineers
- Departmental planning and management including personnel and
- Knowledge of Industry standards and Certification
- Capable of utilizing CAD tools such as SolidWorks and
- Experience with Design for 6s methods desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual
Spanish or Mandarin highly desirable.
Lean and Six Sigma training. Financial transition knowledge.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred. Lean
Manufacturing experience preferred.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and
non-climate controlled manufacturing facility.
Must be able to travel domestically 10% of time and
internationally 10% of time (post COVID).
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Spectrum Brands, Allen , Engineering Manager, Other , Denison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!