KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning
elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is
as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we
provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific
roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we
also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation,
sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are
just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success.
Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something
Can be located anywhere in U.S.! Work from your home doing what
KONE is committed to gaining deeper insights and understanding
of our customers as well as our own internal teams. In this role
you will be working with different functions across the company as
well as with our customers and end-users. You will be leading and
supporting diverse project scopes using Design Thinking and service
design methodologies from early concept creation to final
implementation and training. You will also be part of an ongoing
initiative to build service design capability within KONE including
an international network of collaborators.
Buzzwords: Collaboration, Co-Creation, Innovation, Empathy,
Smart Cities, Customer Value, Empowered People
The KONE Technology and Innovation Unit (KTI) is where the magic
happens at KONE. We combine the physical world of escalators and
elevators with advanced technologies and connected digital systems.
Our responsibility is to change and improve the way billions of
people move within buildings every day.
Services Research and Development (SRD) is the hiring unit for
this position. We are primarily responsible for developing digital
services & solutions to enable the digital transformation of
elevators, escalators, and other areas were people flow is
continually strive to ensure our customers receive the best flow
The team you are hiring for:
Our team is known for bringing ideas and solutions to the market
quickly. We are a 13 member team with a diverse skill set ranging
from engineering, project management, and product managers. Right
now, we are continuing to develop our digital services offering to
meet the evolving needs of our customers in this growing
We work closely with other internal teams, such as business
development and Equipment R&D (QRD) to ensure we understand and
meet the needs of our customers.
You can read more about one of our primary focus areas here:
As Service Design Specialist your main responsibilities will
The overall responsibility for this job opening is to design
services thru co-creation with customers, value
definition/mechanism, using various methodology such as business
modeling & customer mapping with digital services to define and
address customer touch points, and even includes installation and
maintenance as part of service blueprint. Understand customer
behavior at early phase and define what's driving the customer
behavior. It covers both digital user interface and service
product. Continuous monitoring thru collaborating with customer and
internal resource is also a need to take place as part of this
* Understand the existing supporting system of a service and
design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new
service - both digital and process based
* Arrange these separate interactions (including touchpoints)
into rational user journeys within that service
* Analyze failure within services and identify root causes for
* Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement
within an existing service
* Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions
with customer (user) should act as one service that meet that
* Look for commonalities in activities across services where
products could be made
* Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
* Identify and design new cross customer (user) service patterns
The desired candidate will have:
* Bachelors' degree in Service Design or related degree (i.e.
Industrial Design, Ux Design, Visuals, IT or combination)
* 3+ years of experience in service design
* Clear demonstration on service design methodology application
and techniques (i.e. service ecology map, user journey map, and
* Good listening and communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Determination to see a project through
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to design to clients' requirements
* Ability to work to deadlines and budgets.
You'd love this position if:
* You have a passion for innovations to create concepts for the
* You have a proactive and systematic way of working.
* You feel empathy towards customers and end-users to understand
and analyze their jobs-to-be-done through constant and iterative
* You have interest in both market and human behavior combined
with business logic understanding.
* Your service design toolbox consists of several things like:
using of hypothesis, working with scenarios, identifying and
communicating customer value, customer experience analysis, trend
and market analysis, customer profiles, journeys and
* You are familiar with quantitative and qualitative research
methods, design thinking and working in agile environments.
* You understand how technologies can be utilized to develop
digital products and outstanding customer experiences.
* You are a creative and strategic thinker with an ability to
see the big picture and innovate new solutions. You can keep a
helicopter perspective and connect the dots throughout
* You have excellent presentation, communication and
facilitation skills, traction for storytelling to convince
stakeholders with insights and you have willingness to maximize
learning by sharing your experience and expertise within the
* You are a team player with strong social skills that help you
build professional relationships with internal stakeholders.
* Your strong portfolio reflects a range of projects and
demonstrates high-quality service design outcomes.
* You thrive in teams that value multiple perspectives and
engage in frequent open forum discussions.
What can KONE offer you?
* A chance to work with products that are used by millions of
people every day; products and services that are widely recognized
for their quality and innovation; and the opportunity to develop
our existing product family and customer offering
* Fun, passionate and highly experienced teammates
* A genuinely multicultural work environment
* Possibility to strengthen your skills and learn new things
* Significant personal impact on the services we're building
* Opportunities to impact innovative services and solutions in a
top-level company of this industry.
Want to join the #PeopleFlow?
If you think we can create something amazing together, please
submit your application via our Careers site www.kone.com/jobs
For additional information on who we are and what we do please
visit these links!
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and
collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of
each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and
we encourage participation and the sharing of information and
ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the
daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to
develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and
respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a
great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences
and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and
personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced
Read more on www.kone.com/careers