Adjunct Agriculture Professor
Company: Grayson College
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Teaches classroom, online and hybrid
courses in agriculture including Introduction to Animal Science and
Introduction to Horticulture and all applicable labs.
***Qualified applicants must be available to
teach in Grayson County, Texas***
- 75% Teaches no more than 9 credit hours per semester.
- 10% Recruits, retains and advises students, develops curricula,
and participates in departmental and college governance as part of
- 10% Contributes to campus assessment process by measuring and
reporting student learning outcomes as directed to meet THECB Core
Objectives and SACSCOC requirements.
- 5% Performs other duties as assigned by the Instructional Dean
and Department Chair.
- Demonstrates Viking Values of balances, clarity, gratitude,
service, teamwork, and trust.
- Places student success at the center of decision-making.
- Uses a wide range of learning resources, tools, and
technologies to improve access and student success in higher
- Provides quality instruction in a classroom and/or online
- Embraces the community college mission and the faculty role of
contributing to the technical and general education of students who
will apply learning to the world of work and transfer their
education to a university or the workplace.
- Assesses student knowledge, skills, and abilities regardless of
how or where the learning or skills were acquired.
- Participates in professional development and stays current in
both the professional field and in current teaching/learning
This job description is not a
complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising
- Master's degree or higher with 18 hours of graduate courses in
Agriculture Sciences from an accredited college or university.
- Previous successful experience teaching in the area of
Agriculture Sciences at the university or community college level;
however, professional experience may be held as equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to engage students in the learning process
and proven commitment to student success.
- Collegial attitude with college community as well as outside
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple
- Experience tracking student learning outcomes, analyzing
resultant data, and implementing improvement plans.
- Excellent computer and multi-media skills.
Please submit unofficial
transcripts or e-copies for each institution of higher
education attended with your application (If selected, official
transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required
upon date of hire). Be sure to include three professional
references with your application. This position is considered
a security sensitive position and will require a criminal
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING
EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND
WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL
ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS
PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information,
please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or
Keywords: Grayson College, Allen , Adjunct Agriculture Professor, Other , Denison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!