Advanced Manufacturing Technology Professor
Company: Grayson College
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Instructs classes in Advanced Manufacturing
(Machining, Quality Control, and Manufacturing Processes).
Instructs in a variety of settings and formats, including dual
credit, online, hybrids, and occasionally weekends/evenings.
The salary for this position is based on
the Grayson College 2020-2021 Faculty Salary Scale, https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/523?filename=DBE(LOCAL).pdf.
- 65% Teaches at least 15 SCHS of Advanced
Manufacturing courses per long semester (Fall/Spring); meets
classes as assigned and provides assistance to students outside of
- 10% Develops and updates curriculum, participates in college
committees and assists in registration, advisement and recruiting
of students. Participates in the program budget process;
assists with administering any and all grant related budgets,
- 10% Contributes to the campus assessment process by
measuring and reporting student learning outcomes as directed to
meet THECB Core Objectives and SACSCOC requirements.
Coordinates assessment for college readiness.
- 10% Works as a team member in the Industrial Technologies
Department; collaborates with leaders from the local manufacturing
industry. Assists in strategic planning for the Industrial
Technology Department. Complies with the "faculty
responsibilities" as outlined in the Faculty Handbook and the
College's Policy and Procedure Manual.
- 5% Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean and Department
- Demonstrates Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude,
service, teamwork, and trust.
- Places student success at the center of all
- Uses a wide range of learning resources, tools and technologies
to improve access and student success in higher education.
- Creates and facilitates authentic integrated learning
experiences for students and promotes the development of critical
thinking so students can apply their learning to the world of work
and further education.
- Embraces the community college mission and the faculty role of
contributing to the technical and general education of students who
apply learning to the world of work and transfer their education to
a university or the workplace.
- Assesses student knowledge, skills, and abilities regardless of
how or where the learning and skills were acquired.
- Collaborates with the Grayson College faculty.
- Participates in professional development and stays current in
both the professional field and in current teaching/learning best
Description is not a complete statement of all duties and
responsibilities comprising the position.
- This position requires an A.A.S. Degree. A Bachelor's
degree in Advanced Manufacturing or a related field is
- This position requires 5+ years of experience in
- Prefer 5+ years of experience in machining, CNC, and quality
- Prefer at least two years of teaching experience.
- Prefer online teaching experience.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to engage students in the
learning process and proven commitment to student success.
- Must maintain a collegial attitude with college community as
well as outside entities.
- Must have a cooperative attitude and excellent team
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to handle
- Experience tracking student learning outcomes, analyzing
resultant data, and implementing improvement plans is
- Must have excellent computer and multimedia skills.
- Requires excellent communication and organizational
considered for this position a Grayson College application, resume
or vitae, and a list of three professional reference must be
submitted. If your degree is from a country other than the United
States, you must also include an evaluation from a NACES member
evaluation agency indicating the U.S. equivalency of your
unofficial transcripts or e-copies for each institution of higher
education attended with your application (If selected, official
transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required
upon date of hire). This position is considered a security
sensitive position and will require a criminal background
COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF
MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER
BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act
and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information,
please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or
Keywords: Grayson College, Allen , Advanced Manufacturing Technology Professor, Other , Denison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!