Account Manager SI
Company: Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Business and Sales
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the annual RcSI targets
through the maximisation of business opportunities and application
of sales and technical expertise, alongside business amplification
through preference to use Rockwell Automation products and
solutions in none or low specification opportunities.
- Key liaison and conduit between the RcSIs, Rockwell Channel
team (FRANCE and EMEA), Sales teams and Commercial Engineers to
ensure effective and reciprocal communication and support driving
opportunities and initiatives across all relevant BUs and vertical
- Support RcSIs to identify and improve Product /Service sales
within existing and new customers.
- Implement RcSI commercial programmes.
- Work with RcSIs and Sales Account Managers to ensure a working
funnel for Rockwell business via RcSIs.
- Work with sales account managers and distributor to increase
and maximise attachment and business value within purchasing
accounts and identified opportunities
- Ensure appropriate annual business plans are developed and
actioned to achieve performance and growth requirements.
- Be the conduit between RcSIs and Rockwell to highlight and
secure the right RA support where it is required for projects
- Provide technical and commercial support to the RcSIs,
including information for RFQs.
- Co-ordinate product business unit resources as necessary to
resolve issues arising involving pricing, product, commercial terms
- Drive Rockwell initiatives and Industry focus within
- Share business development opportunities and successes on a
monthly basis and enable connection between the relevant Rockwell,
Distributor and RcSI parties.
- Be a point of escalation where communication requires
- Log sales funnel and log call visits in Rockwell's CRM system
sufficiently to hit plan and sustain continued future growth.
- Invest time in building and disseminating knowledge of regional
industry trends, customer issues, competition etc.
- Share and drive information about potential accounts with sales
management for analysis.
- Report any information relative to competition or market trends
and new competitive product developments as appropriate.
- Responsible to engage other Account Managers and/or Commercial
Engineers in the agreed approach for certain areas and/or
- Engage regularly with RcSIs to foster open and collaborative
- Develop and leverage effective working relationships across
business units, the wider company and distributor branches, at all
- Effective and timely communication, keeping relevant
stakeholders well informed of issues and direction.
- Share information with Rockwell Channel and Sales Management
about project and customer activity within RcSIs.
- Build effective business relationships with RcSIs through
understanding their business, markets and customers within the
wider overall context of the channel partner strategy and
- Ensure the right level of business information is exchanged
within Rockwell / RcSI / Distributor organisations.
- Co-ordinate and support joint marketing activities to increase
brand awareness and win new business.
- Work with and support RcSIs on the development and
implementation of local promotional initiatives and activities and
ensure Rockwell's best interests, brand and products are
- Drive New Product introduction into RcSI specifications and
- Act as a catalyst in communicating and re-enforcing key
messages throughout RcSIs ensuring these messages are understood
- Identify, co-ordinate and organise RcSI training.
Monitoring & Review
- Development of annual business plans and targets with regular
review and action planning
- Monthly meeting with each RcSI and vertical sales team to
identify and progress business opportunities and drive relevant
- Administer and analyse bi-annual RcSI survey to measure
engagement and identify areas of strength and areas requiring
- Facilitate scheduled meetings with the wider Rockwell and
distributor teams for performance review, planning and relationship
- Prepare for and participate in channel sales/forecast
calls/meetings as required
- Share best practise and express any concerns to the wider
- Ensure adequate reporting between Rockwell and RcSIs for
Rockwell internal reporting
- Provide timely information to support effective management of
the business at all levels
- Has drive, a highly proactive and positive attitude
- People person, strong and broad thinker
- Excellent communication, relationship and negotiation
- Results driven with clear focus on achievement of targets
- Ability to work and relate effectively with all operational and
management levels within both customer and channel
- Conscious to keep skills and knowledge in all areas (technical
and commercial) up to date
- Able to positively influence both work colleagues and channel
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organisational
- Excellent communication to foster an open and collaborative
environment within Rockwell and channel partners
- Demonstrates behaviour in accordance with Rockwell Automation
values, policies and procedures
- Ability to motivate others and self
- Can identify and extract key issues from information gathered,
analyse and resolve issues in pragmatic and effective ways
- Takes initiative in response to changing circumstances within
the organisation or markets
- Collaborates & teams effectivel
- 'Added value' mindset
- Demonstrates business & financial acumen
- Strong sales experience and sales process disciplines
- Software Industry experience
- Strong and broad integrated solutions technical skills and
competence, with understanding of requirements of Systems
Integrator, Rockwell and End user
- Rockwell product, services and solutions knowledge
- Extensive understanding and experience of the Systems
Integrators community and business operations (preferred)
- Ability and experience to drive strategic and operational
business development via commercial and technical partners
- Ability to set priorities that maximise revenue and
- Excellent understanding of Rockwell's competitive advantage in
all business and product areas
- Knowledge of channel networks in country
- Be proficient in analysing and monitoring sales and financial
results and react accordingly to drive balanced growth across
multiple business units
- High levels of proficiency in a range of IT tools
- Understanding and insight of competitive strategies and market
trends as well as their impact on Systems Integrators and Rockwell
- Degree in a business or engineering/technical related field or
equivalent, with sound commercial acumen
- Commitment to professional sales and technical CPD
Keywords: Rockwell Automation, Inc., Allen , Account Manager SI, Other , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!