Apprentice Compliance Officer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Euronext is a listed company and is the leading pan-European
market infrastructure, connecting local economies to global capital
markets, to accelerate innovation and sustainable growth. It
operates regulated exchanges in Belgium, France, Ireland, The
Netherlands, Norway and Portugal. With close to 1,500 listed
issuers worth 4.5 trillion in market capitalisation as of end
December 2020, it has an unmatched blue chip franchise and a strong
diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates
regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets and is the
largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total
product offering includes Equities, FX, Exchange Traded Funds,
Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and
- Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by
providing technology and managed services to third parties. In
addition to its main regulated market, it also operates Euronext
Growth and Euronext Access, simplifying access to listing for SMEs.
Euronext provides custody and settlement services through central
securities depositories in Denmark, Norway and Portugal.
- The Risk, Compliance and Internal Control team act as a second
line of defense and are responsible for developing, monitoring and
maintaining adequate controls to identify and mitigate risks, and
that Euronext's activities follow the rules and regulations and
complies with the regulatory boundaries and jurisdictions. This
covers Risk and Control, Compliance and Business Continuity
functions within Euronext.
- The Compliance department covers the Corporate, Listing and
- Corporate Compliance's missions is to support Euronext and its
employees in complying with applicable laws and regulations and
promoting ethical standards in accordance with good corporate
- This covers amongst others: Insider dealing, Anti- Money
laundering and sanctions lists, bribery and corruption, fraud and
requirements from the Market Abuse Regulation as a listed company.
Corporate Compliance is also involved in the oversight of
Euronext's benchmarks activity, as per the Benchmark Regulation.
Listing Compliance supervises the on boarding of and continuous
requirements of listed companies in accordance with Euronext rules
and regulatory requirements.
- Member Compliance's main role is to assist Euronext in meeting
its regulatory obligations by carrying out a compliance program
which examines and monitors relevant activity of Euronext Members
and Issuers in order to promote market integrity. This is performed
by auditing our member firms and performing post trade surveillance
of securities on possible Market abuse or Insider Trading and
identifying potential rule breaches of Euronext Rulebook.
Department : Compliance
- As an Apprentice, you will be a part of the Corporate
Compliance and Listing Compliance teams and assist in the execution
of the Compliance program for the Euronext Group.
- The Compliance program is executed by a team of Compliance
officers in different jurisdictions. Executing the Compliance
program entails both monitoring and reviewing policies and
- You will also assist the Compliance department in advising
business on key topics or issues and advising internally on several
Compliance related topics. You will play an important role in
setting compliance standards and culture in the organization.
- The apprentice is able to operate and communicate through
different levels within the organization and also with different
cultures. You have a strong moral compass and know how to get a
message across. The apprentice is preferably knowledgeable of
financial regulation such as MiFID II, Market Abuse Regulation, and
anti-money laundering and anti-corruption regulation. He/she can
work in different projects and are flexible of mind. Able to
understand different types of business quickly.
- Assist in informing and advising internally on several
Compliance related topics.
- Assist in providing advice to business on several topics
related to Euronext activities.
- Assist in assessing, reviewing and designing internal policies
in relation to legal framework.
- Assist in design and execution of E-learnings, trainings and
- Participate and execute successfully different projects and
- Contribute to overall periodic reporting.
- Compliance Point of escalation for high risk clients.
- Represent Compliance and Risk as required.
- Assist the risk and control team with control monitoring
- Cooperate with other teams to ensure a harmonized
- Develop and maintain excellent contacts and working
relationships with other internal departments.
- Assist in maintaining the reputation and high quality standards
of Euronext with regard to Integrity, ethics and regulatory
Profile, Knowledge, and Experience Required
Education & Knowledge
- Higher professional or university education in Legal, Business,
Finance, Economics or related field
- Understanding of the EU Regulatory framework
- Understanding of Exchange traded financial products and markets
is an advantage
- High level of integrity, strong moral compass and backbone
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and organizational ability
- Excellent written and oral communicative skills in English
- Energetic, team player and able to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Relationship builder
- We respect and value the people we work with
- We are unified through a common purpose
- We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
- We value transparency, communicate honestly and share
- We act with integrity in everything we do
- We don't hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
- We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
- We take smart risks
- We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the
- We focus on and encourage personal leadership
- We motivate each other with our ambition
- We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
- We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
- We reward and celebrate performance
We remain committed to providing a positive hiring and
onboarding experience for our candidates during these unprecedented
times. Where our offices can open safely, they will remain open;
otherwise our employees are able to work efficiently from home. The
well-being of our employees, their families, our external partners
and visitors is our upmost priority and we are closely following
Government guidance in all our locations to ensure all health and
safety guidance are met.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age,
citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, or any other legally protected factor. We
value the unique talents of all our people, who come from diverse
backgrounds with different personal experiences and points of view
and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual
This job description is only describing the main activities
within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to
add more tasks, projects.
Keywords: EURONEXT, Allen , Apprentice Compliance Officer, Other , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!