LOB: Global Risk
Corporate Title: Vice President - Director
Location: Paris, France
The role requires a thorough understanding of Fixed Income (FI)
markets, strong expertise in derivatives as well as experience in
the risk management of structured and financing transactions.
He/she will assess a broad spectrum of risks, predominantly market
risks but also operational, credit, and counterparty risks, should
these types of risks exist. The successful candidate must be able
to build strong relationships with the front office while
maintaining independence. He/she must be able to handle disputes,
negotiate with traders, and uphold risk frameworks.
* Set risk limits in line with the entity's risk appetite and
* Monitor positions against risk limits. Liaise closely with
Front Office to detail risk exposures and challenge the business on
* Review new products and non-standard transactions proposed to
ensure risks are appropriately controlled.
* Collaborate with other support partners to ensure all risks
are identified and addressed - Compliance and Operational, Credit,
* Identify and analyse all significant exposures across the
entity, and ensure that senior management/risk committees are kept
informed about the key risks.
* Define and evaluate stress scenarios under which the portfolio
may incur material losses (point of weakness analysis). Contribute
to reverse stress testing process.
* Assist in ad-hoc risk related queries, VaR analysis, drill
downs or risk trends.
* Validate information that is distributed to the
* Develop deep knowledge of the Market Risk IMA methodology
under current and future capital frameworks.
* Contribute to development of the wider team and help build a
positive and inclusive work environment.
* The EMEA Macro Team acts as the second line of defense
supporting the Fixed Income market risk activities
* We cover several asset classes in the FICC space (i.e. Global
FX and Local Currency Trading, Global Financing and Futures ---
Repo, Counterparty Portfolio Management --- XVA, and Global
* Thorough understanding of FI markets.
* Deep knowledge of derivatives.
* Experience in the risk management of structured and financing
* Able to build solid relationships with the Front Office while
* He/she must be able to handle disputes, negotiate with
traders, and uphold risk frameworks.
* Significant Risk Management, or equivalent experience is
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to
our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values:
deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people
and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is
doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is
being a great place to work for our teammates.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term
success. It's important that all employees in the organisation
understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage
conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set
are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of
managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no
applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality,
ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic
background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental
disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on
their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are
accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell
us about any adjustment requirements.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please
note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires
before commencing employment.
Learn more about this role