Company: Pernod Ricard USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Pernod Ricard is the global co-leader in wines and spirits and
the leader in the premium segment. Listed in the Paris CAC40,
Pernod Ricard has a portfolio of prestigious brands such as Ricard,
Absolut, Chivas Regal, Ballantine's, Jameson, Martell, Havana Club,
Mumm and Perrier-Jout. With an annual turnover in excess of 9bn,
the Group is present in 80+ markets around the world and employs
more than 19,000 employees.
Pernod Ricard launched key Digital Programs (KDP) to leverage
the power of data. To support this massive digital transformation,
Pernod Ricard decided to create Centers of Excellence (CoE). One of
them will be the Data Center of Excellence: An armed wing of PR
ambition to become a platform company. Pernod Ricard Data CoE will
offer expertise, advice, and change levers to assist and accelerate
global and local data projects.
We have already started this agenda with the deployment of
flagship projects with strong sponsorship from the CEO and his Top
Management and large financial investment, such as the
prioritization of outlets through social media data & automated
updates to increase market penetration and better calibration of
our route-to-market. We have built a best-in-class Data Platform
where projects are delivered in production, leveraging the most
recent technologies available on the public Cloud. We have designed
a Data Academy program, in partnership with our HR team, to certify
internally our employees.
- Define Data Architecture & Technical standards for
- Design technical architecture of Data CoE assets (Data
Platform, Master Data Hub, Data hub, Data science services)
- Ensure global consistency, security, and scalability of the
group Data tools & technologies
- Synchronize with IT operations team, in charge of
infrastructure and RUN, to ensure optimal synergies on technical
- Maintain technological intelligence to anticipate future data
tools and technologies
Roles and responsibilities:
Lead group Data Architecture strategy
- Specify data architecture and data technologies for the Key
- Define the Data architecture guidelines for the group
(reporting, data-engineering, data-science)
- Gather Pernod Ricard affiliate's requirements in term of data
tools and technologies
Ensure technical consistency of the group Data Platform and CoE
- Define architecture and technologies for the group Data
Platform and its related tools
- Specify architecture and technologies for group Master Data
hubs and Data Hubs.
- Assist CoE data-science team to define the AI &
- Define and deploy FinOps strategy to optimize cost of data
Ensure Adoption of data best practices and tools through Data
- Animate the community of Data Architects
- Share technical data expertise with affiliates
- Spread data architecture best practices and guidelines
Collaborate with counterparts
- Organize frequent synchronisation meetings with Data CoE team
members to ensure alignment on technical topics.
- Closely work with IT Operations team to ensure Smooth
transition from Build to Run (RUN, update, CI/CD, infra as
- Ensure frequent alignments with other architecture teams.
- Internal stakeholders: Data stakeholders of all the affiliates,
IT Managers, Business Relationship Managers
- Key External stakeholders: data External providers, cloud/data
providers, communication agencies, Peers in noncompetitive
- Job scope: 100% international
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree from Engineering School /
- 5+ years of experience in a data positions, preferably in an
- Languages and other skills:
- Fluent in English; French is a nice to have.
- Deep insight into data architecture & data driven projects
- Excellent listening skills, strong attention to details,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build
and maintain effective working relationships. Foster collaboration
and cultivate innovation.
- Proactive in solutions building, autonomous & reactive.
- Results-oriented, tech savvy.
Open-minded, creative, ability to promote diversity and identify
- Technical Skills:
- Cloud: Good knowledge in one or several Cloud providers such
as: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, google. Strong
understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS models and ability to switch and
adapt quickly to various stacks.
- Data: Excellence knowledge in data architectures including data
storage, data warehouse, data mart, data processing & machine
- Architecture: Capabilities to design system from all aspects:
high level architecture, infrastructure, software architecture.
Excellent understanding of data and API driven architectures.
- Development: Strong background in development to be able to
drive technical choices made by our developers.
- Infrastructure: Good knowledge of IT infrastructure in general
on both On-Premise & Cloud environments.
- Security: Good knowledge in IT Security to ensure solutions
delivered meet requirements.
DevOps: Excellent knowledge (including previous experience) of
DevOps tools that helps simplifying and automating everything,
pushing toward "No Ops" limits.
- Tools & technologies:
- Cloud: Azure (Data Factory, ADF, Datalake, Synapse, Azure
Machine Learning...), AWS (S3, Lambda, Athena...), GCP
- OS: Windows & Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Alpine)
- Containers: Docker, AWS ECS / Fargate / EKS, AKS
- Source Control: Azure DevOps, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub
- Infra as Code: Terraform
- CI-CD: Azure Pipelines, Bitbucket pipeline,
- Fundamentals: API, RESTful, SOAP, XML, SCRUM, DevOps
- Data tools: Storage (S3, Snowflake, Elasticsearch), processing
- Data Science & AI: Pandas, tensorflow, scikit-learn
- Dashboarding Solutions (PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau)
The Data Architect will report directly to the to the Head of
The Data Architect may manage a team of external
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Keywords: Pernod Ricard USA, Allen , Data Architect, Other , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!