STORE NON PERISHABLE MANAGER - DGPP in ARTHUR CITY, TX
Company: Dollar General
Location: Arthur City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26,
2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General
sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as
Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars,
Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and
PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at
Under general supervision of the Store Manager, manages the
Non-Perishables. Assists Store Manager with efficient and effective
inventory management, appealing and profitable merchandise
presentation and quality customer service. Assist the Store Manager
in ensuring a safe working environment and provides protection for
company assets according to required procedures.
- Open the store a minimum of one day per week; close the store a
minimum of one day per week.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the financial
integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key
control, and adherence to company security practices and cash
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register;
deposit money in bank.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in training assigned
associates in the proper stocking and presentation of
- Record Non- Perishable Markdowns, while analyzing causes and
working with Store Manager to take corrective action to prevent
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in sanitation standards and
training of all associates assigned in the Non-Perishable area
using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the execution of
the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards
and (Find Fill Fix) procedures.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the stores uHHT
is used as an investigative device to prevent out of stocks as well
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established
practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures
properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with POG execution, pricing
integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as
well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, to minimize damages and
markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and paperwork, and follow
inventory control procedures to maintain accurate inventory
- Assist the Store Manager with ensuring that customers needs and
requests are routinely addressed in an efficient and timely manner.
Maintain daily contact with customers to understand merchandise
expectations and desires.
- Assist with other operational areas as directed by the Store
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to learn and perform cash register functions to
- Ability to review Operating Statements and identify business
trends (including sales, profitability and turn) expense control
opportunities, shrink and errors.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Good organization skills with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies
and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures
manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in
WORK EXPERIENCE &/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months
supervisory experience preferred
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Dollar General, Allen , STORE NON PERISHABLE MANAGER - DGPP in ARTHUR CITY, TX, Other , Arthur City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!