Summary of Position:
A Medical Records clerk is responsible for maintaining an accurate
inventory of records both on site and off site by box number and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in
- Ability to handle customers in a calm, professional, friendly
and patient manner.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Participates in orientation, in-services, and staff meetings as
- Develop and maintain a positive work climate and support the
overall mission of the Angels of Care.
- Be able to coordinate the day-to-day operational functions of
shipping and receiving client records.
- Complete records requests that are received by Angels of Care
in the required time frame set forth in the request.
- Be able to lift boxes of various sizes in a safe manner,
sometimes requiring a ladder to retrieve.
- When requested, locate, pull, and distribute requested
- Keep an accurate inventory of records on site and off site by
location and box number.
- Ability operate a scanner to scan documents prior to archiving
and sending files off site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Although each position has its own unique duties and
responsibilities, the following listing applies to every
All employees of the organization:
o Will exercise necessary cost control measures.
o Will strive to maintain positive internal and external
customer service relationships.
o Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying
necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking
questions when clarification is needed.
o Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work
effectively and ensure its completion.
o Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on
time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
o Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
o Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing
to promote a team-oriented environment.
o Is expected to represent the organization professionally at
o Must be able to demonstrate initiative, strive to continually
improve processes and relationships.
o Regular attendance required.
o Will adhere to dress code policy at all times.
III. Education and Experience
o High School Diploma or GED required.
o Be able to read, write and comprehend English.
o Have a clean criminal record, and pass all background
o Computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office, MS
Excel and Scheduling program.
o Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
o Ability to carry out directions, to read and write.
o Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of
o Be available at all times.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Working conditions will be indoors at Angels of Care