Power Plant Supervisor
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Supervisor - Power Plant will be responsible for the 24 hour
operation of all utility systems. This is inclusive of all
crewing, regulatory, training, maintenance management systems, and
- 20% - Manage day-to-day operation of the power plant including
steam, hot water, filtered water, condensate, chilled water,
compressed air, refrigeration, fire protection, fire alarm, and
HVAC systems for the facility.
- 10% - Maintain all utility systems and their associated
distribution systems. Maintain and update maintenance
management system ensuring that required work is scheduled,
assigned and completed.
- 10% - Plan and execute annual 1-week shutdown activities
- 10% - Manage the performance and development of the powerhouse
plant personnel. This includes taining plan for crew to
maintain regulatory compliance and skillsets.
- 5% - Develop and track operating budget of the power
- 5% - Drive troubleshooting requirements of the plant end-users
relative to utility systems.
- 5% - Respond to utility system upset conditions quickly and
with viable solutions. Communicate findings, solutions, and
timelines quickly to management and to customers.
- 5% - Track power plant storeroom inventory and manage
- 5% - Support ammonia Process Safety Management through
scheduled maintenance and training activities.
- 5% - Manage plant CFC coordinator to ensure records are
maintained on usage, repairs, location of units and certifications
for plant refrigerants.
- 5% - Utilize trending and machine condition data to drive
maintenance of utility equipment
- 5% - Member of the Energy Conservation Team
- 5% - Work with the sustainability team to develop utility
conservation and utility monitoring strategies.
- 5% - Work with the Project Engineer - Utilities to develop
5-year strategic plan for utility systems.
- Adjusting crewing schedule for daily changes.
- Troubleshooting utility interruptions for various areas of the
- Developing and defining details for SAP maintenance management
- Leveraging WHQ engineering resources to develop solutions for
- Development of maintenance systems and strategies to ensure the
long-term reliability and efficiency of the plant's utility
- Development of job descriptions and requirements for all power
plant personnel with evaluations for new hires.
- Posting of jobs for open positions.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or
related field or relevant experience
- Education desired: BSME, BSEE, BSChemE
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of five years
experience as a technical manager in a utilities environment.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- 10+ years of experience required if no degree.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Supervisory experience required for a group of approximately 20
skilled hourly employees in a union environment.
- Able to direct and lead others to produce desired results.
- Extremely familiar with SAP maintenance management tools and
- Familiar with current OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with Ammonia Refrigeration and PSM systems.
- Familiar with natural gas fired boilers, steam, and condensate
systems on the order of 200,000lb steam/hr.
- Knowledgeable in boiler gas emission regulations and
- Knowledge of all aspects of plant operations.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and
- Capacity to approach problems effectively and creatively.
- Experienced team player that brings cohesion, enthusiasm and
energy to group efforts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Normal food processing plant environment.
- Limited travel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Allen , Power Plant Supervisor, Other , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!