Part Time Teller I
Company: First United Bank & Trust Co
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Join Our Team! We have a great team of friendly, talented and
inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we
take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow
and follow their passions. That's one of the many reasons First
United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma
since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First
United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our
"Get Started" section to take your first step to being a part of
First United. The Position Job Title Part Time Teller I Job
- SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing exceptional
service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions
and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate
departments in the bank. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explains, promotes, and sells products and services such as
traveler's checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's
checks. Cross-sells additional bank products and direct customers
to representatives to open new accounts or for investing
- Receives checking and savings deposits: verifies cash and
endorsements, receives proper identification for cash back, and
issues receipt of deposit. Identifies counterfeit currency.
- Examines checks deposited and determines proper funds
availability based on regulation requirements and completes Hold
Notices when necessary.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of
signatures and customer balances, processes savings withdrawals.
Enters transactions into computer, and issues computer generated
- Answers basic customer inquiries regarding service charges and
account histories while complying with disclosure requirements,
regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Accepts loan payments: verifies payment amount and issues
- Buys and sells currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring
that the teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded according to
the guidelines set forth in the Teller Policy.
- Receives FICA payments: verifies deposit coupons are properly
completed and checks are made payable to the "Bank".
- Follows procedures for removing accounts from dormancy. Place
holds on accounts for uncollected funds unless pre-approval is
obtained from Officer/Supervisor.
- Balances drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed
checks. Counts and balances cash in automated teller machines and
night depository. Counts and rolls loose coins. Enters required
information into Vertex for Currency Transaction and Log Entry
- Attends weekly sales meetings and monthly community bank
meetings. ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles customer complaints and escalates issues to supervisor
- Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures including
- Dresses professionally. EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATIONS To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Work
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Cash handling, sales, or customer service experience
- Prior teller experience preferred. Technical/Functional
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and ability to make on-the-spot
decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer
satisfaction with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of
communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Ability to use e-mail, phone, and other communication tools are
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules. NOTE: This
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may
perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization. All Locations: Durant-Main If
any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a
job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance. First United Bank is an
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: First United Bank & Trust Co, Allen , Part Time Teller I, Other , Durant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!