Selection Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: American SpiralWeld Pipe Company, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Selection Operator tests fabricated pipe weld
integrity by setting up and operating equipment to hydro-test pipe.
Additionally, the Selection Operator also completes various end
conditioning activities by performing the following duties.
- Reviews work orders or takes direction from supervisor to
determine what jobs are required, and in what order to run
- Reads, understands, and interprets tape measure, pi tape,
drawings, specification boundary, digital readouts.
- Coordinates with pipe moving personnel and/or crane operators
to move pipe onto test stand.
- Prepares pipe ends for sealing by creating O-ring grooves,
beveling, and expansion end preparation.
- Applies pipe end seals or gaskets to both ends of pipe.
- Secures pipe on test stand; measures circumference and length
of pipe and documents results.
- Conducts pressure test by inputting commands through
pre-programmed computer control console.
- Prints test report.
- Opens head and tail stock to relieve pressure and drain
- Performs final inspection and measurements of pipe, and
documents results on final expansion log.
- Cleans up work area; performs routine preventive maintenance
and minor adjustments and repairs on hydro-test equipment.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by supervision.MINIMUM
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift schedule.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of
the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to speak effectively before managers or groups of
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Must be able to compute ratio and percent and to interpret bar
- Must be able to read and interpret linear measurements using
tape measures and pi tapes.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Must be able to read, interpret, and carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to operate computer controlled hydrostatic test
stand, including reading and interpreting console indicators and
gauges, and using control console to conduct tests.
- Must have the willingness to rotate to different positions in
the pipe finishing area as requested by manager or team
leader.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with
hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust
Keywords: American SpiralWeld Pipe Company, LLC, Allen , Selection Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!