Commercial Loan Officer
Company: First United Bank & Trust Co
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at
First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering
exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their
passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has been
voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009!
Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture
and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started"
section to take your first step to being a part of First
Commercial Loan Officer
This position is responsible for developing new business through
the underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial loans, as
well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
* Acquisition, expansion and retention of commercial relationships
using a proactive calling strategy.
* Cross-sell ancillary products and services of the bank.
* Analyzes credit history of applicants and determines loan
* Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods
and collateral specifications.
* Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent
with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be
competitive with current market rates.
* Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan
recommendations to management.
* Daily review, approval, and disposition of commercial
* Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending
within the financial institution and makes recommendations to
management when necessary.
* Provides assistance and recommends training for new commercial
* Develops new customer prospects and business for First
* Represents the bank in the local community through active
participation in community affairs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
* Handles customer complaints and escalates issues as needed.
* Maintains cleanliness in and around work station.
* Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve
* Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
* Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
* Dresses professionally.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Work Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting
* Minimum of three years of experience in commercial banking.
* Extensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and
* Extensive knowledge of lending services and related areas.
* Business development experience.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
* Demonstrates good judgment.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide
range of people.
* Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of
communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal
* Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
* Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
* Takes initiative in development and completion of projects.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to
a job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: First United Bank & Trust Co, Allen , Commercial Loan Officer, Other , Durant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!