Company: Kaiser Aluminum
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Kaiser Aluminum (NASDAQ:KALU) is a leading producer of
fabricated aluminum products for aerospace/high strength, general
engineering, automotive and custom industrial applications. The
Metallurgist is responsible for determining production standards
for a company's products by establishing quality control systems,
setting standard process rules, Using their technical expertise to
develop and improve manufacturing processes.
What you will be working on:
- Develop, plan, and implement process or product improvement
projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance,
engineering, and sales and marketing groups.
- Develop processes to maximize capacity utilization, minimize
cost and provide and statistically sound product performance.
- Document all work and write technical reports.
- Work in cross-functional teams to support plant business goals
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma
- Maintain manufacturing practices and procedures to optimize
- Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in
the safety process.
What you will bring to the table:
- An undergraduate degree in Metallurgy, Material Science
- 3-5 years experience working in Metallurgy or Metallurgical
- Experience with lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Proven ability to work in a low supervision environment while
successfully meeting goals.
- Experience managing technical projects/initiatives in a
- Excellent analytical skills (statistical data analysis
experience is a plus).
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, various data
collection and analysis packages.
- Self-sufficiency in data acquisition, analysis, and report
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
About Kaiser Aluminum: Talented people join our team because we are
a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee
growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a
diverse and inclusive culture. We are strongly committed to
expanding inclusion, equity, and diversity - how we hire, develop,
and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to
the increasingly multicultural community.
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminum, Allen , Metallurgist, Other , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!