Company: Andrews Distributing
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm to 1:30am
A Truck Jockey drives fleet equipment in and out of the Distribution Center and visually verifies pallets for accuracy and ensures loads are properly secured for transportation. This role is part of the Operations/Distribution Center team.
A Truck Jockey can be expected to perform the following tasks in this role as a routine part of their job:
* Drives fleet equipment safely in and out of warehouse within short distances applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering on the road and company premises.
* Adheres to company safety policy and procedures; completes pre-trip daily equipment inspections and maintains proper batteries and fuel in assigned equipment.
* Assists DC loading team with staging, moving and loading built pallets on trucks as needed with direction from Manager.
* Visually verifies pallets being loaded for accuracy and to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Follows established product handling procedures regarding condition and appearance; properly handles damaged product, product returns and dunnage.
* Ensures refrigeration unit is functioning and reports any issues to the Shift Manager.
* This role is required to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role's primary work tasks.
A Truck Jockey has a greater opportunity to succeed if they can develop and master the following job related capabilities and KSAs:
* Andrews Portfolio
* Beer and Distribution Industry
* Forklift & Equipment Operation & Maintenance
* Inventory Management Principles
* OSHA Policies and Procedures
* Quality Standards & Code Dates
* Repack Procedures
* Safety Procedures and Policies
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to Operate Varied Facility Equipment and Complete Certifications
* Ability to Perform Basic Math and Write Legibly
* Ability to Speak, Read, and Comprehend English Concisely
* Attention to Detail
* Organizing Skills
* Safe Product Handling Practices
* Teamwork Skills
* Technical Aptitude/Computer/iPad Skills
* Time Management and Prioritization Skills
A qualified candidate for the Truck Jockey role should satisfy the expectations below:
* 18 Years of Age or Older
* Ability to Read and Understand English
* Basic Math Comprehension
* Texas Class A CDL Operator's License
* High School Graduate or Equivalent Certification
* Effective Communication Skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
* Ability to pull/push a load up to 100 lbs.
* Off Premise and Transfer Driver: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of products; up to 55 lbs.
* On Premise Driver: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of products; up to 165 lbs.
* Requires ability to tolerate working in an environment with inside/outside ambient/extreme temperatures.
* Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
* Driving is required during the workday.
* Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout duration of workday.
* Ability to use a personal computer for tasks such as communicating via email, inputting data and other forms of documentation using company and industry software.
* Ability to speak, hear, and see is required to communicate with employees, and to operate varied machinery, equipment, computers and vehicles.
* Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various facility machinery and equipment.
* Must be able to maintain a current/valid Texas Class A CDL driver's license.
* Ability to perform job functions in compliance with company policies and procedures, including safety policies and best practices.
* Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Potential candidates are required to successfully complete a medical evaluation including a physical evaluation designed to test ability to perform basic physical job requirements.
* Please note -we ask all candidates to create an account in order to apply for a position with us. Please click "Apply" then "Create Account" to create a new account, or sign in if you are a returning applicant.
Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm to 1:30am
Keywords: Andrews Distributing, Allen , Truck Jockey, Other , Allen, Texas
here to apply!